shift rod retaining clip

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
backing out of garage found reverse was locked and heard reverse rod dragging - anyway, was lucky and able to pull rod at tranny end and get out of reverse and temp fix with a cotter pin - when I get correct clip, does a washer go on behind these? thnx
maybe keep a couple in glove box

backing out of garage found reverse was locked and heard reverse rod dragging - anyway, was lucky and able to pull rod at tranny end and get out of reverse and temp fix with a cotter pin - when I get correct clip, does a washer go on behind these? thnx
maybe keep a couple in glove box

I try to put a washer (even just a really thin one) behind any clip that the linkage moves against so the linkage doesn't drag against clip possibly working it off.

Agree with washer thing , also, use a hitch pin instead of a cotter pin . You can get them @ Tractor Supply or Lowe's in both plain or nickel finish .

ordered a few of original style clips- thanks for input - scary when the shifter.. doesn't!

put in new clip; after too many tries decided just not enough room for a washer - maybe cleaning up rod end from any rust will let it go in further and give a tad more room to fit a washer.. next time it's up in the air..

-
Back