shifter choice.

-

hamesdart

Reaction score
hey guys rite now im running an old b&m quick click shifter.... pretty old and can no longer get parts and dosnt shift rite anymore and overall need to replace it. Just curious, I found two shifters that look good for my street/strip application, Needs to be for 727 & reverse maual pattern.

1st is the B&M megashifter, about $190
or the tci streetfighter about $220
Look like pretty much the same shifter... no real differences I can see except brand. Anyone have experience with either????

And my buddy said you need a different arm off the trans were the cable hooks up specific to the trans... so When you buy them do you get that?
They say universal and I dont see them sending the linkage arm for 3 different trannies.

I dunno.....back when I was running an automatic, I ran a B&M Z-Gate....it's the cheapest shifter they make, but...I really LOVED that thing!!! Didn't miss a beat!

Yah the cheeta's are polular and nice but look like air operated and fairly more expensive. For a street/weekend car ill probly settle with one of these other cheaper ones

Pro stick.... "Thats the way i grew up thats the way im mo be"
Just my opinion guess its really up to you... id go with a b&m because you already have an existing one, mounting holes arms ect.

-
Back