Shifter Mounting Plate

-

scuba0331

Reaction score
is the shifter mounting plate from a 4-Speed overdrive the same as a regular 4 speed shifter mounting plate?

The reason why I am asking about the plate is because I can't get transmission into reverse. I am using an OD shifter mount adpater.

The rods and levers are from an A-body. The shifter mechanism is a competition Plus.

The 1-2 and 3-4 shift smooth. I can't get reverse to kick in.

If there is a difference it isn't by much , the shifter box might be at a slightly different angle. Make sure the shifter is adjusted properly.

Also remove the shift lever off the trans and make sure it shifts into gear like that , if it doesn't then there is a clash between parts inside the trans , loosen the side cover and move it up slightly and t should clear the clash of the reverse lever with the 1-2 lever .

Thanks John. I did call Jamie Passon since I got the tranny from him. He said the plate should be the same as you said. He ran me through a couple of things I need to do.

Thanks Again.

I was having the same problem with shifting and it turned out to be the shift linkage part that actually bolts to the reverse bolt. The part must have been off of another shifter linkage set and the slotted hole was offset just enough to frigg up the movement.

-
Back