shiftkit

-

mr.318

Reaction score
i did a search come up with nothing i have a moparperformance book which tells how to get firmer shifts removed some balls drilled some holes adjusted pressure bands anyway i did that last year helped alot if i get on it hard from the start on a newer road it sometimes chirpes second i want it to chirp 2 anytime i hit it from the start i don't care about normal driving chirpes would a mopar shift kit do it i tryed a b&m kit sucked whats the best kit?give me an opion are i'm i wasting my time because of the stuff i done did mines a 904 lockup most kits don't list the lock up 904 i know you can't interchange the valvebodies but kits should work right?

If ya don't get an answer soon, PM fishy68, he's pretty good on trans stuff.

yes b&m sucks from what i've read.

2-time TransGO Tf-2 shift kit user, I'll recommend it to anyone. :D I think i got mine from bulkpart.com, maybe bulkparts.com? either way, I love it!

-Mike

just like goody i recomend the transgo TF2 kit if it works for your lockuptransmission, it will almost put you in the backseat when it shifts under full throtle with sticky tires so i gues it will chirp the tires alot if you use "standard tires"

I put in a TF 2 kit from transgo in a 904 - I thought the instructions were awful, but the parts seemed to be very good.

They need to rewrite those instructions. I thought the idea of giving you ranges on the drilled openings was odd, Im not a trans expert, so what do I know, I used the smaller of the opening sizes they recommended, thinking that I can always make them bigger later.

I have yet to try the trans but from what everyone says this is the kit to use.

If I were doing it over I'd post here to find out what size drill openings to use before tearing it down, maybe someone will tell you what to do based on your needs.

In my case I was in the midst of doing the rebuild/modifications and had no time to post here on the particulars for these kits.

thanks it'll be trans-go tf-2 kit what about the instructions are they understandable how bout the drillbits big are small i'm running streert only run her at the track 4or 5 times a year

hey man I got the transgo tf2 kit from ebay, a guy out of oregon, decent price on it. I also am curoiuos when it comes to the drill sizes. The kit comes with all the bits and everything. They tell you to grind a shaft diameter down and a range of other odd things that seem like they should be machined. I was refered to stick with transgo for any transmision accessories, by a damn good trans mech. Unfortunately I havent put mine in yet. so I cant give a testimonial! Soon tho!

-
Back