Shipping a Bumper

-

68coupe

Reaction score
What's the cheapest and easiest way to ship a bumper or bumpers? Thanks

You might want to ask Tony (whitepunkonnitro) as he ships a crapload of stuff regularly, and has been selling bumpers lately.

if it is just the bumper, no brackets or braces, I use the postal service. If you are shipping 2 bumpers. I nest them together and ship UPS. as long as you can get under the size limits, I have shipped most of mine USPS.

I use Fedex for the big stuff. they tend to be a little cheaper than UPS.

With a bumper, I'll wrap it in cardboard then weigh and measure it. fedex.com has an online cost estimator where you put in your zip code and the zip where it's going and you can get a rate before you commit. Sometimes it's cheaper to ship more than one together, but sometimes it exceedes their size limit where they charge more for oversize.

You can then print a labe and drop it off at a fedex location or pay a couple bucks more for home pickup.

lol the bumper i bought had a tag on it and that is it. they shipped it open. if it was nicer i would have had a issue with this.

I FedEx'd mine to the chrome shop. Just nested them as stated, taped them up and build a cardboard box around them. If you don't "box" them you'll get an extra charge. Mine were returned strapped to a 2x4 and wrapped in foam and taped to death.

Addendum: I just packaged up a bumper for a customer today from a 74 Duster. Just the bumper, no brackets. 28lbs, 70 inches by 9 inches by 11 inches shipped from GA to Il via Fedex for $40.

Thanks Guys - The fellow that I'm getting them from is going on vacation and is passing me within 100 miles. Guess I'll just drive and pick 'em up. I wanted to meet him anyways.

i shipped 2 bumpers from Ontario to Saskatoon Saskatchewan by Greyhound about 3 years ago.......about $40 one way for the pair.

Check with the shipping service about their rules and extra charges. I used to work for UPS part-time, my job was checking for anything with exposed metal, and packages that were oversize, overweight, or underweight. That was around 20 years ago, so I don't know what the rules are now.

FWIW, Tony (whitepunkonnitro) shipped a bumper to me FedEx, fully wrapped in cardboard & packing tape, but I don't remember what the shipping fee was.

-
Back