Shipping a huge boat anchor of a part?

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
I've been searching for a transfer case for my Dodge Dakota Turbo Diesel and I found one, the problem is, it's like 700 miles away from me.

It's a Divorced Mount Fulltime 4WD/AWD NP203 from a 70's Ford F250 and those monsters weigh 150+ pounds. I found it online, through a junkyard in Gurnee, IL. They said due to the size and weight they wouldn't be able to ship it. The guy I spoke to on the phone said if I had a friend nearby who'd be willing to help send it through Greyhound or such, he'd strap it to a pallet for shipping.

Any ideas? I don't really know anybody in Illonois and so far I haven't been able to find a Divorced Mount NP203 locally

Fastenall ships store to store decent rates also.

Thanks. I didn't know that. There's a Fastenall right next door to my second job, so it'd be easy to pick it up when it arrived.

Anybody happen to live near Gurnee Illinois and be willing to transport the transfer case from the yard to a Fastenall for me?

I've been searching for a transfer case for my Dodge Dakota Turbo Diesel and I found one, the problem is, it's like 700 miles away from me.

It's a Divorced Mount Fulltime 4WD/AWD NP203 from a 70's Ford F250 and those monsters weigh 150+ pounds. I found it online, through a junkyard in Gurnee, IL. They said due to the size and weight they wouldn't be able to ship it. The guy I spoke to on the phone said if I had a friend nearby who'd be willing to help send it through Greyhound or such, he'd strap it to a pallet for shipping.

Any ideas? I don't really know anybody in Illonois and so far I haven't been able to find a Divorced Mount NP203 locally
Hi ,you swapped a diesel drive train from a 70's ford into a Dakota ,awesome . I have a 02 4.7 4x4 and the engine compartment seems full . Do you have photos of your truck ? Thanks Bob . Sorry i can't help with the shipping .LOL.

Hi ,you swapped a diesel drive train from a 70's ford into a Dakota ,awesome . I have a 02 4.7 4x4 and the engine compartment seems full . Do you have photos of your truck ? Thanks Bob . Sorry i can't help with the shipping .LOL.

No. She runs a Dodge Sprinter 5 Cylinder Turbo Diesel.

I need a 70's Ford Transfer Case because the Dakota front axle is Drivers Side Drop (just like a Ford), has to be the Divorced Model because my transmission is 2WD and I was searching for the AWD 203 because my front axle has Drive Flanges (always locked in 4WD)

She's been my fugly paint peeling daily driver for the last 4 months, averages 28-30mpg in mixed city/highway driving.

Winter is coming and I don't want to go back to driving a gas powered truck, so I've gotta get a transfer case under her quickly

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

She's been my fugly paint peeling daily driver for the last 4 months, averages 28-30mpg in mixed city/highway driving.

Winter is coming and I don't want to go back to driving a gas powered truck, so I've gotta get a transfer case under her quickly

View attachment 1715097265

View attachment 1715097267

74Dusted Thanks for responding to my question about your truck . I't is so cool , I know nothing about sprinters just that they are great on fuel and will run almost forever . Good luck on your quest to make the old girl full time or all wheel drive . Very creative engineering , did you have to do much surgery on it to get it to fit ? Thanks Again . Bob

74Dusted Thanks for responding to my question about your truck . I't is so cool , I know nothing about sprinters just that they are great on fuel and will run almost forever . Good luck on your quest to make the old girl full time or all wheel drive . Very creative engineering , did you have to do much surgery on it to get it to fit ? Thanks Again . Bob

Minor surgery.

It reuses the stock Dakota Radiator, Wiring Harness, Gauges (including the factory Tachometer), Cruise Control, etc

It uses a pair of custom motor mount brackets with Cummins Motor Mounts, a slightly modified Cummins Turbo-Back Exhaust System, a universal Mr. Gasket Floor Shifter.

Replaced my no longer in use Overdrive Off Switch with the Diesel Indicator lights (Wait To Start, Fuel Heater, Water In Fuel and Block Heater), added an A Pillar Pod for the Boost Gauge, the Pyrometer and Trans Temp Gauges are in pods on top of the dash, directly above and to the right of the instrument cluster.

-
Back