Shipping Body Panels and Car Windows?

-

classicfan1

Reaction score
Hello everybody, as you ay or may not know, I'm a college age guy that deals with classic car parts as a side business. I have a front fender for a 1954 Chevy Bel-Air that isn't selling locally and I'm considering posting it on other sites or even ebay to get it to move. Also, I lately got in some car windshields, thinking they would sell in a hurry locally, though I still bought cautiously. They for a 1972 Chevy Nova (rear, four door), 1972 Buick Le Sabre (rear, 2-door), 1954 Chevy Bel-Air (side, two door), and a set of front and rear windshields for a 1970 Plymouth Valiant (2-door).

I'm considering shipping these rather large parts but I don't know where I would get boxes big enough to ship these things. Also, car glass must be packed and handled carefully. Leaving them in the hands of FedEx doesn't exactly let me sleep well. Would they have to be put in crates? I'm open to any suggestions you guys might have. Thank you!

I'm currently boxing for shipping a pair of truck doors. They weigh 80.5# each before boxing. I picked up a 65" flat screen TV box for each door, hopefully they will not exceed 100# after packing. If they do I'll have to remove all the hardware and ship that separately.

The boxes are 65" x 42" x14" that will ship via Greyhound.

Hope this helps you.

I had the side rear windows for my 65 Wagon shipped from CO and the person built a crate built out of wall paneling and 1x2" boards filled with old popcorn ( which i thought was a little different but it was light and cheap ) then shipped FEDEX nothing was broken and the cost was reasonable. Good Luck with your sales

I shipped a back glass from a 62 valiant from Ks to AZ via ups --made it no problems-- packed in cardboard very well probably 1 hour packing for this piece. Lawrence

Physics of shock absorption

Just enough movement and "crush" to dampen a blow

TV boxes- good idea

-
Back