-

longarm

Car sold back to original owners
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm trying to buy a dash pad from a member in Canada
and the shipping is prohibitive.
My question is: Is there a way to ship from Canada to Ohio
that is affordable and not too complicated.
I believe he is in Ottawa and I'm in Urbana Ohio 43078.
Thanks,
Carl

not sure which member, but i'm in Ottawa if i can help. CAA offers a 10% discount with ups. Pm me if i can be of any help.

What was the method of shipping quoted? I ship quite a bit to the USA, and have always found Canada Post to be the cheapest & best. Unfortunately, a dash pad is going to be way over length, and that is what will up the cost dramatically. Weight doesn't make much difference when it's long. - Dale

unfortunately cross border shipping is very expensive especially for large items. even worse if you use UPS as they like to charge brokerage and admin fee, higher than any other shipping company, which receiver has to pay before parcel is released. Canada Post/USPS would be best choice.

Im with DSG on this, shipped quite a bit of stuff to US and Canada Post is usually the cheapest. If not them, go Fedex.
If any one can help with this 2darts can

Thank you for the replies.
Correction he is in Stratford, On.
He said the quote was from the post office and
$58.00 was the rate quoted.
Would sending to a business address make
any difference.

Thank you for the replies.
Correction he is in Stratford, On.
He said the quote was from the post office and
$58.00 was the rate quoted.
Would sending to a business address make
any difference.
Cost sounds about right for something that long. Shipping to a business wouldn't make a difference (at least with Canada Post). Check out Fedex, you never know! - Dale

That price is right...take into account the packaging that would go into packaging it up safely. Get the dimensions and weight from him and shop around on your own.

That member would be me! :) Believe me, I was quite shocked at the quote myself. Even as she was stretching out her tape to measure it, she was thinking it might not even be accepted. It just squeaked by apparently. I thought about Greyhound, but I'm pretty sure they don't do cross border shipping. Can anyone confirm this? It seems to me I looked into this once before, and that's what I found out. I just thought of one other option. A friend of my wife lives in Sarnia, and shops in Port Huron,MI. frequently. She will be in town next weekend. If it will fit in her little Cavalier, I MIGHT be able to.convince her to ship it from Port Huron on her next trip. I have no clue on what the time frame would be though at the moment. I'll help get this deal done in any way I can.

Jim

I have shipped Greyhound in Canada and asked about cross border and they highly DO NOT recommend it. Get a Venture 1 acct with canada post, I did and saves 5% on shipping.

Thanks for chiming in Jim.
This one is definitely a chin scratcher.
I'm doing my homework, but this ones
a toughfy. :-k

Looks like the weight is about 2.322kg and
dimensions are 157 x 21 x 21.

Stratford,On to Cable Ohio 43009
Google won't give me a zip or shipping area
best guess is Area Code 780

Shipping time is no hurry.

Maybe it's time for a FABO firemen relay. Lol. We'll figure something out.

Sounds to me like you need to meet in the middle, road trip to Windsor and meet at a gentlemans club for a relaxing break? I have driven further for a part or two.

I like the way you think Pitmoco! Lol. I'm selling the cover for my Dad, so I won't see any of the cash. ;) That, and the fact it would cost me a weeks worth of gas money to make the trip plus "entertainment fees" make it unfeasible for me at the moment. :( Otherwise, it's a great plan!

-
Back