Shipping Gougers

-

mguner

How many is too many?
Reaction score
Bought a gas tank for my road runner on E-bay. Shipping advertised as $35 then in small print UPS Zones 6,7& 8 add $10. UPS has changed the meaning of "zone" and the rate application there of. The Actual shipping of this tank to my address in "Zone" 6 is a whopping $25.14 whereas shipping to "Zone" 4 would be $23.90. I'm already paying a premium on shipping so tell me how that $1.24 justifies another $10.00?! :scratch: :wack:

Easy, UPS SUCKS!!!! I will never ship with them! They are too damn $$$$ :thumbdow:

I have been shipping stuff with Greyhound It's about a 3rd of what UPS want to ship a fender. Not too sure how much cheaper it would be for other stuff.

Longgone is probably right. Some E-bay'ers make extra money by sticking it to you on shipping in a disguised way. I've had a couple get me that way.

It was not UPS charging you the extra $10.00 it was the seller you bought it from! Say what you want to about UPS but they are my shipper of choice.I happen to know what kind of company they are.I retired from there after 25 years of service in the Plant Engineering Department. Do packages get damaged(YES) do packages get lost(YES) but for the number of packages they ship versus the number lost and damaged! Well they do a better job than any other shipping company out there! I KNOW FIRST HAND! Are they expensive (YES) reason being is they have a lot of overhead! One being they pay UNION WAGES which are excellent wages to there employees. If you do not wish to use UPS then by all means tell the person you purchase from to use another shipper.Remember you are paying the $$$ for shipping and the seller should use whoever you want. Personally I will continue to use UPS because I know what kind of job they do and beleive me as a COMPANY they do not like to see packages get DAMAGED OR LOST and as a Company they spend big $$$$$ To prevent that from happening with there facilities,equipment ,research and development,ETC.If you think that FEDEX,USPS,DSL,ETC do not loose or damage packages then you had better WAKE UP and SMELL THE ROSES! UPS did not get to where they are by being a BAD SHIPPING COMPANY! Been successful and in business since 1907! So they must be doing something RIGHT SOMEWHERE! Sorry about the rant I will step down off the soap box now! LOL

I wasn't knocking UPS. The seller was adding a premium to the shipping from the get go ($35 vs $25) which is fine for packaging but I suspect he is drop shipping anyway. It just bugs me about the Zone 4 vs Zone 6 actual difference of $1.24 and he makes it $10.00. Thanks for the Greyhound tip!! I'll be needing a left fender for the road runner and that may be the way to get one here. :headbang:

-
Back