Shipping LCA's via USPS

-
Nope, they won't.

When i sell LCA's i get them in a box 16 X 16 x 6 that i use.
With packing, it weighs in at 27, 28 pounds.

Believe me, they are not Cheap to mail out thru the USPS.
I now send thru the UPS, using the "Pirate Ship" discount shipping firm, that you may have been reading about, here on this site.

Last edited:
Put them both in the smallest box they will fit in and you still be able to reinforce the box and pack them tight. Ship them thru UPS, but do it via PirateShip.com. It's MUCH cheaper.

I have 2 A body LCAs without the pivot pins/shafts in a large top load flat rate box & they just fit. Box bulges a little, but I'll use a liberal amount of packing tape if I ship them.

Last edited:
I have 2 A body LCAs without the pivot pins/shafts in a large top load flat rate box & the just fit. Box bulges a little, but I'll use a liberal amount of packing tape if I ship them.

just an FYI, the USPS gets crabby when you overstuff flat rate boxes. so don't be surprised if it shows back up on your doorstep with a bunch of red stamps, goes MIA in transit or gets to the destination beat to hell.

I see some great and some seriously lame packing efforts at my shop. Most shipping damage happens when parts are shoved into a too-small box to save a couple bucks.
Avoiding the "three inches of collapsible material on all sides of the item being shipped" will cancel out any insurance you might be entitled to or purchase as well.
I'm happy to see so many of you opening a PirateShip.com account though!

Ayy, Capt Leanna navigated me through those channels as well! Now, we be shipping with the Pirate!

-
Back