shipping wheels or wheel shipping

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
I see so many people trying to sell wheels but wont ship because of the HASSLE and or huge EXPENSE. Well it don't have to be a HASSLE or huge EXPENSE. I have seen many wheels I would have pulled the trigger on if they would ship.

UPS store has boxes that are very close to the correct size

just put wheel (without tire) in a box then put a piece of cardboard on top of that wheel then set the second wheel in. you might have to cut the box down a bit but it should be close to the correct size.

I brought a tape gun with me and got the boxes then put them together then wheels in them right on the tailgate of my truck then carried in to ship. I shipped 4 wheels in two boxes cross country for a total of around 100.00.

You can use ur own box and ship ur preferred shipper but the outcome should be close( no HASSLE nor huge EXPENSE) to the same.

ive done it a time or two
even with the tires still on them

and like 1970-dart said, ship them two by two will come close to the weight limit but will save you (or your buyer) money because it is cheaper to ship two 60 pound boxes then it is to ship four 30 pound boxes

Also, most tire shops will give you wheel boxes free. The UPS store is a ripoff. They charge higher shipping rates than the actual UPS shipping company.

Also, most tire shops will give you wheel boxes free. The UPS store is a ripoff. They charge higher shipping rates than the actual UPS shipping company.

that has bit me in the rear several times, I look up a shipping quote online, get paid by the buyer, then walk into the UPS store and pay TWICE what I was quoted online :banghead:

I have shipped many wheels. the post office is the best at prices. I shipped 2 15 x 10 cragars across the country for 18.00 each and they were heavy. that's the most ive ever paid.

just shipped 2 14" steel sm bolt to Quebec from Ontario for about $25.
Mr Deschesnes is going to put sm bolt centres into wider rims for me.
...excellent work and nice guy!

exactly why i said this
You can use ur own box and ship ur preferred shipper but the outcome should be close( no HASSLE nor huge EXPENSE) to the same.

maybe it was missed ?? but again to each their own on boxes/shipping lol most people already have a preferred method of shipping. this thread was not to debate where to get or ship ur boxes and more of a "hey it really dont cost much nor take that much time" to ship wheels and it will open up ur buying audience

that has bit me in the rear several times, I look up a shipping quote online, get paid by the buyer, then walk into the UPS store and pay TWICE what I was quoted online :banghead:

thats strange because every time i quote shipping online (i measure and weigh for accurate quotes) its pretty close. but most of the time i end up shipping USPS because of price being cheaper but they never seem to have the right size boxes. And ups store does without going through a bunch of cutting and taping because im trying to put two wheels in an old refrigerator box or taping together 12 toaster boxes lol

im trying to put two wheels in an old refrigerator box or taping together 12 toaster boxes lol

so you got one fridge and twelve toasters?
one of these days I guess I oughta come have breakfast over at your place :coffee2:

lol come on over man

i was in Detroit last summer lol how far are you from there

bout 2 and a half hours west
if you hit the lake you've gone too far ;)

nice
yesterday was a great day for boating
right now it is coming down hard
(its about 10 A.M. and ive been watching it get darker and darker over the last hour or so)

OK so you guy's who said you have shipped wheels with tires still on them, who did you ship them through and how did you do it as far as packing? I have this real nice set of complete SBP rally's and I said I really don't want to ship because of the hassle but if it can be made some what easy I might reconsider.
Bob

OK so you guy's who said you have shipped wheels with tires still on them, who did you ship them through and how did you do it as far as packing? I have this real nice set of complete SBP rally's and I said I really don't want to ship because of the hassle but if it can be made some what easy I might reconsider.
Bob

i have not shipped tires as well and just wheels but i don't see it being that cheap through any of the usual methods like UPS/USPS Ect. So prob freight of some sort or see if there is greyhound near both of you as I have heard people having good luck with their services.

sorry i cant be of more help but i have only shipped wheels alone with no tires. But if the buyer dont mind paying get quotes from UPS and the others ( im not sure if USPS will ship tire/wheel like that). Thats why most people sell/ship just the wheels because they box up easy and dont cost a fortune to ship.

-
Back