shipping...

-

moparmanik

a body junkie
Reaction score
has anyone here sent parts from the us to canada ?? i'm trying to get some fenders from one of our site users and getting alot of static as far as prices etc... any info would be appreciated. thanks.

I've done snowmobile hoods to and from, but not fenders......It's been a pain in the neck and expensive in my experience.

I've shipped a few items, not large but expensive, to Canada. Was not really a headache on my (shipper) end but the info I got from the receiver in Canada put it way up on the PITA scale. If youship with UPS it seems that now they want to collect the import duty from the shipper. FEDEX, as far as I know, doesn't do this.

For those transactions that take place across the international border, why not come up with a relay system of FABO users. Ship to the closest point to the border and then one of the users from across the border could go across, pick up the item, return, and then re-ship it on their side. I know there are some details to be worked out here but I think it could work. From what I've heard it seems easier to carry stuff across than to ship it...

Larry

Too bad you don't have a U.S. parcel service near you. Have them shipped there then go get them. In the long run way less hassle.

Fedex has or had the brokerage fee too.

I try to send everything going to Canada via US Postal Service if possible.

If you are close to the border, greyhound to a terminal and pick them up.

Shipping big stuff, like fenders, north is a pain.

I've bought several large items through eBay, and haven't had a problem with shipping, yet. I bought an inner fender from somewhere out east, maybe NY, and got it thru the USPS. I bought a front bumper from Arizona, $70 for USPS. Steering column, grille, still waiting on my Spitfire headers.

It may not be cheap, but what about our hobby is? I don't think that $70 was too bad to mail a bumper for a '65 Dart. I'd have to check on the others, but they weren't as high as the bumper.

Just don't use UPS. :angry7:

-
Back