Shirey 1973 Dart First Restore Project

-
welcome. best place to learn everything u ever wanted to know about your car! whats your plans for your car? looks like a good project.that roof sure took a beating :p

Yes, welcome to FABO. You got some work ahead of you, but what you've done already, looks good!

Man,I've never seen a roof where you can see sky through it (unless a convertible). But you can weld another one on if you can do body work.

Do your best, when you get snagged, take some pictures and post them with questions and we can help you out. Everybody here has a specialty, the collective knowledge on this site is almost unlimited.

welcome. best place to learn everything u ever wanted to know about your car! whats your plans for your car? looks like a good project.that roof sure took a beating :p

This is actually my compromise car. It will be for my wife to drive if she needs to. she wont drive my truck. "its too big". My plans are to restore the interior as close to factory original as possible. On the motor side im going to fix up that little /6 thats in it and do a little tweaking and of course a little dress up. Was looking at doing a mild cam and valvetrain upgrade. The super six manifold was appealing or possibly the 4bbl option. The factory exhaust manifold is cracked so im gonna put in some headers. Not gonna go to crazy with it. Now on the other hand if she doesnt like driving that either, then this is going to become my personal toy and everything is getting stripped out and ill be starting from scratch on a monster. Would love a big block in there but it would be too much for the old lady.

Yes, welcome to FABO. You got some work ahead of you, but what you've done already, looks good!

Man,I've never seen a roof where you can see sky through it (unless a convertible). But you can weld another one on if you can do body work.

Do your best, when you get snagged, take some pictures and post them with questions and we can help you out. Everybody here has a specialty, the collective knowledge on this site is almost unlimited.

Thank you i will make sure to do so. I have already gotten tons of replies to questions and already doing business with members for needed parts. Going to pick the roof up from virginia on thursday.

thanks to justin (ply30) i now have the roof of a donor car to start the work on my dart. You guys need to hit him up if you need some parts hes got a good bit out there.

-
Back