42   0   0
Contact seller
Well the 7 1/4 is coming out and an 8 1/4 is going in :glasses7:
I need shock plates for my girl Victoria :glasses7:

Located on a hill in northeast Arkansas :glasses7:

Attachments

• 1a2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 266
You can use your 7 1/4 shock plates, but you will still need 3" U bolts though. Can show pics if your interested.

Does the 8 1/4" axle take the same shock plate as the 8 3/4" or the 7 1/4"???

I knew the 8 1/4 and shock pates are the same as 8 3/4, I will buy new u-bolts from Napa, I need a pair of shock plats, Thank's for the info but still looking if anyone has a set.

You can use your 7 1/4 shock plates, but you will still need 3" U bolts though. Can show pics if your interested.

I did not think the 7 1/4 shock plate was big enough :glasses7: this is news to me :glasses7:

I knew the 8 1/4 and shock pates are the same as 8 3/4, I will buy new u-bolts from Napa, I need a pair of shock plats, Thank's for the info but still looking if anyone has a set.

I thought that the 8 1/4" axle took the same plates as the 8 3/4" and Dana, but wasn't sure and didn't want to mislead.

Mancini makes a nice repop for the 8 1/4", 8 3/4",M & Dana that is very nice and looks much stronger than the originals. We used them on the son's 71 Valiant.

http://www.manciniracing.com/marilesishpl.html

Just a little bit of grinding. I ended up using a rasp. Never had any problems, and really gave them the treatment.

Attachments

• 150903_001.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 866
  • 150903_002.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 819
  • 150903_003.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 864
Also you might want to check out the U bolts with the flattened area along the top to avoid denting in your axle tubes (like the OE).

Just a little bit of grinding. I ended up using a rasp. Never had any problems, and really gave them the treatment.

Doesnt look that bad to me, guess you could weld some washers around the holes to give it a little reinforcement if you were that concerned... Anyone have some pictures of OE 8 1/4 plates for a side by side comparison? I will be doing this swap on my current Duster build with either a set of factory plates or a set I fabricate myself.

Thank you everyone, seeing all the input on this does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back