shock plates

-

p0is0n_DarT

Reaction score
ok i need a lil refresher course here,,,on my 72 dart,there are air shocks right now,the bottom where they bolt on the plate under the leaf springs just has a small hole for the stud on the shock to go through,,kinda looks like there on upside down but there not... is this correct?..

Your description sounds like the plate has been changed or modified to allow use of the airshocks.On a 72 dart the lower end of the shock should slide over the stud extending out from the shock plate .Should look much like the top mount .

i just ran out an took a pic,cuz i need to get new shocks and sumthin jus didnt look right..so guess ill be lookin for shock plates to...

Picture 143.jpg

Down at the bottom of the plate where the plate curves down is where the stud should be for mounting the shock. Somebody has definitely modified your plates. That air shock isn't at all correct for your car.

k,thanks guys,i jus got this car the first of the month and hadnt really been able to do much yet,but dam,,when i seen that i knew somethin was wacked,lol

-
Back