shock plates

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Ok about 25 years ago a 69 Dart I had,had a 7 1/4 rear end.I up graded to the 8 3/4 thing is all I did was buy new U bolts for around the tubes, squesed them together and went through the lower 7 1/4 shock plates,why is it that when changing from one to the outher that we need different shock plates.I got to get this car ready for spring or I am in the dog house.I missed all last year and the wife is geting ansey.

The diameter of the axles housings are different I think. Same thing with mine. I took shock plates from a small rear and tried to put them on an 8 3/4. No Bueno!! When I look at Mancinis shock plates it does not say what they are for. Hope you get it fixed right.

B

I had exactly the same problem and I just used a piece of 3/8" plate and grafted the exterior shock mount to the plate and drilled the new holes in the wider pattern. The cost of new plates was way too much.
Andrew

Theres a fix,still I seam to remember only haveing to push the u bolts in to get them to fit.

I found my shock plates at pick your part auto salvage... I happened to be there on a holiday weekend (50% off). Got the shock plates for $4!!!!!!! and a set of buckets out of a Dodge Avenger for $25 for the pair!!!

B

-
Back