Shocks and Rearend

-

FEATHERDUSTER76

The Feather Duster is Mopar's Light Weight
Reaction score
I purchased new shocks for My Duster. I'm having the problem of getting both ends attached at the same time . I have attached some Pictures . I have from the start thought the rear end sat a little far back but was told its because the leaf springs are flat. could putting the new leaf springs on help this . I thank Anyone and Everyone for Their help I'm sorta new at this This is My 1st Restore . I use to just drive but this car was The Cute puppy dog in the window

Duster reand 7-9-23 003.JPG

Duster reand 7-9-23 001.JPG

Duster reand 7-9-23 002.JPG

Yes and new shackles as well. That axle is sitting way off center for my likes.

Thanks I just got new leaf springs for it and shackles.so between those items should help the rear end and compliment each other?

Yes for sure. You may end up with a too long of driveshaft tho. We will have to wait to see till the new leafs are in.

How would I tell this is a big learning curve for me I'm still kinda new at a lot of this
Now that I think about it, I dont think the factory front spring hanger bolts are long enough to shim it that far. Thats where it can be shimmed.

Measure from the center of the front spring eye to the center of the pin where the rear sets on the spring. Should be 20 inches. Your looks to be longer.

A body is 20"
F,M,J body is 24"
E body is 22"
B body 65-79 is 22"
B body 64-65 is 21"
B body 63-64 is 20"

Measure from the center of the front spring eye to the center of the pin where the rear sets on the spring. Should be 20 inches. Your looks to be longer.

A body is 20"
F,M,J body is 24"
E body is 22"
B body 65-79 is 22"
B body 64-65 is 21"
B body 63-64 is 20"
I did measure it and it is 22" so I measured the new springs and they are 20". Alright I have to wait for the space to get open and I'll let you know how it goes THANKS AGAIN BILLY

-
Back