Shocks for SS springs

-

fnaramore

POWEEERRRRRR
Reaction score
What's going on guys? So for a good while now iv had rear air shocks and front kyb gas-a-justs. Came across my mind that air shocks pumped at 90 psi probably aren't letting the ss's do there thing as well as they could. Any suggestions on shocks for a street car that will go well with ss springs? Not looking for coil overs though, just regular shocks, be they drag shocks, Monroe's or rancho. Thanks ahead of time!

Back in the day, C-body shocks were typically used with SS springs. Because of the increased arch, a longer shock is needed. When a stock length shock extends to its limits, the spring suddenly stops acting and creates traction problems. Good idea ditching the air shocks and you'll probably get plenty of recommendations.

Looking over other posts I saw a recommendation for mopar long drag shocks, but those c-body shocks might be a good call, year/model? Or if anyone knows the right extended/compressed lengths to go with?

I used the Mopar shocks that go with the springs. They are longer than stock. My old shocks got pulled apart as they were not long enough. ANdrew

I did buy the Mopar long shocks from Mancini racing and was very satisfied but later was told c body Chrysler imperial 1971 shocks will do the trick . So compare and good luck fellow MOPAR brother.

I just swapped out my u-bolts because i over torqued them (should be 45lbs) and noticed my shock mount was bent. After reading this I think my rancho 9 way shocks must be too short.

I have never had a problem with just the standard shocks.

I guess it just puts more strain on them when you jack up the car.

Mopar performance shocks with ss springs. Get them from your local dealer, no shipping and good prices

-
Back