Shocks for the '63 Dart

-

Soren

Reaction score
I need some opinions on what shocks to get for the '63 Dart GT. I am keeping it fairly stock. For the time being (probably for quite a while), I am sticking with the factory 13" wheels and stock size tires. Except for motorcycle suspension, I really am not sure what brands are good or what to look for. I don't want spend a million dollars, but I am guessing that going dirt cheap probably isn't good either. I really have no idea what shocks I have on the Dart right now, they're old enough that you can't read them. I'm not going to rally race or go over pot holes at 100mph, just need something that will be very good for normal everyday driving.

Look for some STOCK hydraulic (NON gas charged)shocks. They are still available through Ebay and the like.

my suggestion is rock auto name a brand and i will say gasmatics are mistake in early car,i put new gasmatics and springs in but it is lot stiffer ride in duster

advance told me that they dont make shocks for our old cars i was told 300 special order but found 100 for 4 at rock cant name brand but found 3 companies basically still stock name a brand i will remember what i have problem is pre radial suspensions dont do as well with gas just use heavy duty and never seize

advance told me that they dont make shocks for our old cars i was told 300 special order but found 100 for 4 at rock cant name brand but found 3 companies basically still stock name a brand i will remember what i have problem is pre radial suspensions dont do as well with gas just use heavy duty and never seize

Gabriel and Monroe have good part numbers for all our cars. You need a better parts store.

-
Back