Shocks

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Im trying to decide what shocks I want to get for the dart. Here is what Im working with...

73 Dart custom 4 door 225 with a 1bbl, auto, 7 1/4. This car is a all original driver in tits on perfect shape.

Im trying to decide on one of the bottom 2 on the link for the rears
and for the fronts I was going to go with the 2nd ones on the list.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/p...7&modelid=73&year=1973&partid=26&brandid=4137

I have run KYB's in the past and will never run them again but I also don't wanna spend a super crap load of cash at the same time.

I put KYB's on all my a-body's.For the money I find them very hard to beat.

Why dont you like them?

I also have KYB's on my Duster. I really like them. Did you have problems with them on your car?

I loved them at first but after about 6-8 months the ride totaly changes and they get a whole lot softer. It may just be that they were "broken in" by that time and thats they way they are supposed to be but they just felt like stock replacements. I have noticed this on 3 cars that had them my 73 camaro I had along time ago, my 73 scamp and my buddies 75 chevy C10 pick up. all got brand new KYB's. My camaro and the scamp I just lived with it but my friend took them out of his truck.

If you are looking at the Edelbrock shocks I know Summit sells them for less then that website(When I looked at the link, the Edelbrock and Lakewood shocks were the two on the bottom).

-
Back