Shop keeps getting trashed!

-
The band Pantera said it best "the great southern trend kill". I avoid all trends,fads, whatever mass groups think is cool... unless Mopars

I haven't listened to them in a bit, might start getting back into that band lol they're awesome.

Even Mopars didn't have "mass appeal" until a few years after the new Challenger came out and especially the Hellcat. Now they're everywhere and generally associated with boomers (the sh*tty kind) and airheads. I used to tell people I'm a Mopar guy, now I feel the need to specify that I'm a classic Mopar guy. Even then look at the prices of classic Mopars these days, people thinking their 1977 Plymouth Volare is comparable to a 1971 Hemi Cuda.

Reminds me of when people see me wrenching on my Duster or D200 and then come over and ask if I know stuff about cars... I'm like, yeah I can tune a carburetor or replace a water pump or rebuild an old engine but I can't diagnose electrical issues on your 2015 Volkswagen Touareg.

So not sure where I fit in here? My shop is very heavily used as I build my own race cars, but I have art and keep it quasi clean? I do in fact have a recliner but it has a ratty old blanket in it and is used by my shop dog Hemi. I found a old tool box and converted it into a bolt bin as we farm and are simply to far from town to go in for misc nuts and bolts. A two post lift that actually gets used and two mini fridges one on each end so I do not have to walk to opposite end for beer. On occasion it does look like a crime scene in the mornings but the Marine in me cannot tolerate working in a hovel! Gas, oil and paint stains abound on the floor. Is it a man cave or a shop? I know not but I sure get a lot of stuff built in there!

IMG_9961.jpeg

IMG_3906.jpeg

IMG_3868.jpeg

IMG_9645.jpeg

IMG_9598.jpeg

So not sure where I fit in here? My shop is very heavily used as I build my own race cars, but I have art and keep it quasi clean? I do in fact have a recliner but it has a ratty old blanket in it and is used by my shop dog Hemi. I found a old tool box and converted it into a bolt bin as we farm and are simply to far from town to go in for misc nuts and bolts. A two post lift that actually gets used and two mini fridges one on each end so I do not have to walk to opposite end for beer. On occasion it does look like a crime scene in the mornings but the Marine in me cannot tolerate working in a hovel! Gas, oil and paint stains abound on the floor. Is it a man cave or a shop? I know not but I sure get a lot of stuff built in there!

View attachment 1716088580

View attachment 1716088581

View attachment 1716088582

View attachment 1716088583

View attachment 1716088584
That's a shop! :thumbsup:

This is not........
classic-car-garage-man-cave-edited.png

View attachment 1716088580

View attachment 1716088581

View attachment 1716088582

View attachment 1716088583

View attachment 1716088584

That's legit... you've got toolboxes, lift, workbenches, other equipment that makes it obvious you do actual work in there. The floor stains are like witness marks you do real work with your hands. The silly man-caves are like the pic @CFD244 just posted. A place for a guy and his friends just to sit around and do nothing but feel "manly". Your shop is awesome tbh I hope to have a place like that myself eventually. Dogs included lol.

-
Back