Shopping on Thanksgiving Rant

-
It a day for visiting family and friends, and welcoming guests to your home. Paying attention to your personal relationships. You shouldn't even be thinking of the computer.

Priorities, man. Family, people, then possessions.
Re: "fabo family". If people here mean that much to you, invite them for supper.
Most everyone will understand the absence of "computer time" for one day. Most will survive it, too.

It a day for visiting family and friends, and welcoming guests to your home. Paying attention to your personal relationships. You shouldn't even be thinking of the computer.

Priorities, man. Family, people, then possessions.
Re: "fabo family". If people here mean that much to you, invite them for supper.
Most everyone will understand the absence of "computer time" for one day. Most will survive it, too.

so is there an official holiday rule book somewhere that you got that from?

there is no right or wrong way to celebrate/not celebrate them. some look at them as just another day. others want to go all out. who am i or anyone else to say whats right or wrong?

Thanks Joe, I'll be working part of the day, no choice unless I want to be unemployed, and since I don't have family nearby I'll talk to them on the phone and I'll also be on the computer, I understand we won't be seeing some members posting that day.

Only once in my life have I bought anything on Black Friday, cept one year I went to Sears early to pickup a toolbox. The Only reason I did that, was I was up anyway at 4am and could not sleep.
I owned a pawn shop and found that black friday was the worst day of the year for pawnshops. People had to run low on funds before they came to me

I don't think we can blame the stores. This is all consumer driven. The first year my wife and I were married we went to a movie and TGIF for dinner. Her father always worked on Thanksgiving so her family always celebrated on Friday instead of Thursday because he'd be home. Stores being open (I was surprised about TGIF) gave us something to do. I wouldn't complain if they weren't open, but I took advantage of it since they were.

I like shopping at Sears on Black Friday. You can buy stuff online and go pick it up on Saturday. I bought a torque wrench that way once and it was great.

Our thanksgiving in October cause the pilgrims could'nt get here in November ( its too damn cold) so we get to spend the day with family and the last thing on your mind is Christmas shopping. We save that for November and cross border shop with our southern brothers and sisters. My wife and I make a weekend out of it, go down Thursday for the all you can eat turkey diner specials, eat drink and be merry and wake up Friday ( the black one) at the crack of noon to do the shopping. by that time the murderous mobs have thinned out but you can still get entertained by the odd lunatic... this is way better than sitting at home waiting for the snow to fly.

There is no deal, product, or event that a person needs that would make me go through that ridiculous ritual!! My gifts to people are based on what they need, not some toy or knickknack that simply must be purchased on a certain day for a "perceived" sale!! I'm not falling for it!!

Last year I got everybody in my little home a new smartphone! They were free, and I'm paying the bill!! Yes, they can play games on it, but they all need them to communicate too!! Best thing, my "shopping" was done in about 5 minutes!! Geof

Well somebody had to come kick their asses and clean the country up. Might as well have been us.

That statement is incredibly offensive.
Maybe you'd like to explain to everybody why "somebody had to kick their asses" and "clean the country up"
Did you say it just to be controversial, to stir the pot a little?

This shopping thing has been going on for a while but this year is reaching new heights of absurdity and stupidity. Everybody should have the day off, period. Used to be they waited until after Thanksgiving to start pushing stuff for Christmas, this year it seems like it started right after Halloween.

This earlier Christmas push was even the subject of a recent SNL skit that had Keenan Thompson running around tearing down Christmas decorations and shouting "not yet! it's too early! wait til after thanksgiving!"

I repeat:

1453365_10201126255740283_1170248451_n.jpg

-
Back