Shortening Axles

-

Sinister.

Reaction score
Is it worth it to get axles shortened? I think I might have found an 8 3/4 for my dart, but I believe it is out of a small truck. How much does it cost to get it shortened so it will fit my dart? Also, I've had troubles finding the stock width for an A-Body 8 3/4, I'm sure somebody knows...

C body length axles can be shortened to A body length and resplined. Any housing can be shortened and it's probably at least half the price of finding an A body 8.75. Even if you have to buy axles it's still cheaper and you'll get the big bolt pattern. Moser Engineering can shorten and respline axles or provide you with any custom axle your heart desires. They can also shorten the housing if you don't have anyone local that can do it for you.

Just a suggestion if you are going to go this route, you may want to consider shortening the axle more than stock, this would allow a greater choice of wheel offsets especially if you move the springs inboard and mini tub it later.

hmm.... that is very true. How much shorter would you recommend going? This car will probably remain as a street car, but having a little bit more tire is almost never a bad thing.

-
Back