Should I buy this???

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Gee I don't know what to spend my money on, people offering me their stuff here and there but still trying to decide.

My engine builder friend told me to just put int 2500 into a 408 stroker, that would leave me with a v8 904 I have and my 7 3/4 rear end.

Today a guy offered me a 66 Valiant post with 408 stroker, a fresh 4 speed he and his dad swapped in (probably from a later car), and a 8 3/4 3.26 open gears.

He said 4000 for it all but will negotiate.

Is this worth it if price comes down? The rest I would part out. Will 4speed swap right into my 68 dart?

Said the 4 speed linkages had to be adjusted because it was hard or not able to get it into 1st and 2nd gear. How does one adjust that? I'm skeptical the 4 speed might be bad.

I mean, 2500 for just an engine, or 3k for a donor car that has everything I would ever dream in having for my dart...hmmmmm :love7:

I'm in need of some fatherly advice. Thanks.

To me its a no brainer, get the 66 Valiant. Lots of people on here that you could help out with parts from.

Hey German, haven't seen you around here lately. Good to see that you are still at it. Re: the Valiant. Does it run? Is it roadworthy? There was no mention of it? There's no harm in taking a look at it but be very aware of what you are looking at. You may be just buying someone else's mess/botched up project that they are trying to get out of. As with buying anything, ask for receipts/paperwork/photos/history and see what they can come up with. If too many red flags pop up, walk away. There may be a possibility of it being a good deal but be skeptical. If you can take one or more savy Mopar/car guys with you, that could only help. Good luck.

Hey German, haven't seen you around here lately. Good to see that you are still at it. Re: the Valiant. Does it run? Is it roadworthy? There was no mention of it? There's no harm in taking a look at it but be very aware of what you are looking at. You may be just buying someone else's mess/botched up project that they are trying to get out of. As with buying anything, ask for receipts/paperwork/photos/history and see what they can come up with. If too many red flags pop up, walk away. There may be a possibility of it being a good deal but be skeptical. If you can take one or more savy Mopar/car guys with you, that could only help. Good luck.

Hey Ben, your absolutely correct, does sound quite fishy. Instead of that I've committed myself to another Dart that I'm, If God permits, picking up tomorrow morning. That's all I'll say the rest will be surprise (pictures for sure) :cheers:

I might sell the one I have now. I'll let you know and thanks for the advice!

-
Back