Should I Get This Car!!!???

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey all well like some of you know I drive a 74 swinger...(my first classic nd first car) As I grew more knowledge about cars nd mopars in general I became less fond of this 74 bcuz the earlier yrs looked more plesant to me body wise. I like the 69 designs but also would prefer the Earlier 70s rear design over my 74s...

well the I found a man selling a 1971 Valiant Scamp 318 (air conditioned) the exterios is all intacked witth a few dints here nd there but not major hit or disformations unlike my swinger wich had a patched up quarter panel...interior is all original and there with wear but its there...swinger wasn't all original. 318 seems to be stable with only a small carb problem and coolant leak. did not see much rust in overall just a small portion of the trunks corner and the worst was a rear pillar thing...small portion but a few chunks could com off...

reputation, looks, and value wise...if you all had a 74 swinger nd was brought to this option...would go go for it? the guy asks 1300 maybe I can bring it down to 1200 I got my swinger for 1400 ( swingers a slant six btw)

I need to decide soon! thx!

IMAGE_015.jpg

Guys, Im in need of a advise plz...

So to generalize...what's more plesant and valueable to have and to restore for you guys, a 71 scamp or a 74 swingwer with that ugly rear design they gave the 74-76 swingers nd scamps.

My first restoration nd I want something I am happy to throw money in...nd the 74 dart isn't making me too happy lol plus scamp has a V8 allready which I was planning on doing for the dart.

I think youve answered your own question. If the Dart dont bring you happiness then by all means switch to the Scamp. Myself Id prefer the scamp.

Buy cars YOU like...not what is "worth" more. If you want to buy it to resell just watch ebay and see what similar cars are selling for. As for value of the Scamp, it is really hard to tell without some decent pics of the car.

Some people like certain models (ie pre-67, 67-69, 70-72, or 73-newer) but there are others of us that like any of them.

I think youve answered your own question. If the Dart dont bring you happiness then by all means switch to the Scamp. Myself Id prefer the scamp.

Haha yes I even thought of that and I was like...what the heck I still want some feedback because ill be using all my savings (im a broke college student) nd im the most undecicive person ever haha thanks for the reply!

Buy cars YOU like...not what is "worth" more. If you want to buy it to resell just watch ebay and see what similar cars are selling for. As for value of the Scamp, it is really hard to tell without some decent pics of the car.

Some people like certain models (ie pre-67, 67-69, 70-72, or 73-newer) but there are others of us that like any of them.

NNNnnoooooo.....I buy...what ....YOU like haha jk

well that is true well I suppose it is in better stand than my 74 bcuz its all original nd all there with exception of a window nd has dents on bumpers nd small dents on quarter panels...nothing that can't b fixed with a lil hammering nd bondo lol thanks a lot for ur reply!

If you can't come to a decision between which car to go with, sometimes it pays to get a piece of paper, make four columns. List the pros and things you like about the first car in the first column, the cons and items that need repair,etc. in the second column. Next do the same for the other car in the third and fourth columns. After you complete that, now go back to each pro and each con item and put a price to it. For example, good engine, $750, bad tires, $400, like the 1971 better than the 1974, $500, 1974 is already registered and on the road, $200. Now add the columns and see which car brings you the best numbers. This is a logical approach, and rarely used. Mike

VALIANTMIKE that is a really good idea most of my cars were just impulse buys (I see it and begg and plea with my wife till she gives in) and the after thought when iv put 100+ hours in just the body work I look back and kick myself

Haha that's a logic people like me do but in their heads...lol
I did think about those things I just didnt write them down...
My dart has less original intacked parts...and qurater panels are all disformed and bondoed...SCAMP HERE I COME! hahaha thanks all of you :tool: :coffee2:

-
Back