Should I ?

-

tiltsix

Reaction score
Well here is the question.Should I swap the 225 in my Dart out for a 408 stroker.?I have access to a 408 stroker w/eddy heads and "509" cam,air gap intake with 750 demon carb and small block 727,8.75 w/355 sure grip.So what do you think.(not a daily but driven most weekends)or whenever the urge strikes.Thanks I'm looking forward to everyones input/opinions.

Jeff

well ur not going to drive it all the time go for it if i was not going to drive my cuda all the time i would v8 it

I like the thought of the lumpyidle of the 408 ,but i also like the 21 mpg that the slant gets.

Whole new car with the big motor, course may cause you to upgrade a few more things. I say go for it but i'm an hp junkie.

No, just sell the 408 to me so that way I can be in your shoes and wonder if I should do that to my 41,000 mile '71 Duster.

Sure... Go ahead.... what he hell....

took the words right out of my mouth. Not for nothing i know i would look forward to driving the car ALOT more with a 408 under the hood than a slant. Unless the slant was turbo, but even then it would be a toss up. Put that 408 in and don't look back. You will thank me later

do it . If you are getting a good deal on the motor go for it. You answered one question by saying it's not your daily driver anyway so do it.

You only live once......I'm puting a 390 stroker in my 62 Valiant.....also not a daily driver.

hell yea!!! got for it!!! but, upgrade your brakes, suspension, rear end, tranny first to handle all that extra power...:)

Well if you want to do what most everyone does then go ahead. BUT if you really want to impress people around here do what it takes to get 30 or 30+ mpg out of the 225. LOL

There has been a recent thread with a claim of "nearly 30 mpg" out of a tired old slant and it has caused some disbelief among many /6 drivers. It also sparked some interesting ideas on how it might be possible to do with some modifications.

Oh yeah, they want certified documentation that one has achieved (or squeezed) 30 or 30+ mpg out of a slant six. They also demand a listing of modifications to the engine, car, and driving techniques (hypermiling).

I don't have a slant 6 otherwise I would give it a shot. I do have a Toyota Camry with a V-6 that gets 30 mpg on the highway.

Its easy to get 30 mpg out of a /. anyone can do it. Move to Canada. we use Imperial gallons. My slanter gets 28mpg here. just cross the border and it only gets 22.
I already am fortunate enough to have 2 340 cars and a very clean / car.
I'd be shoving all that stuff into a mid 80's shortbox pickup. Mostly because if I see one more lowered shortbox chev with a crate motor in it at cruise night I'M GOING TO PUKE

I vote put a sherman tank motor innit. God my dinner sure made me gassy.... This is fun, hahaha...... oh gosh smelly!

I will probably do it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this winter when it is in hibernation.I need sbp disc brakes for front.Not sure if i'll run a 4 gear or 727 ( I have both) Whatever I decide to use the other will be for sale.

-
Back