Should I ?

-
I have plates for the Demon.
Thanks Dan (1Dart2NV) for the words of wisdom.
I went and registered it today.
Can't wait to take it down the street.
I have to do a few things first.
Install the passenger seat, passenger and rear seat belts, install the horn, throw a spare in the trunk so it will pass inspection, put the dot tires back on( I put the slicks on just to play in the driveway) put the plates and sticker on, and head to the shop to get it inspected.
Tomorrow is suppose to be a sunny day.

8) Nice.

She's all inspected.
Was a fun ride down to the shop to get it inspected.
The shop is 1 mile down the road from me.
Coming out of the road on my right, just before the shop sits a police car waiting to turn right. I drive by and pull into the shop, and he drives on by. Phew !!! If you were in the chat room last night, you will know why I posted that.
I asked how long do you think it will take me to get pulled over and get a ticket?
The car seems a bit loud. It has Warlock mufflers on it, and I don't know how long they are going to stay on it. It gets a bit loud having to rev it up to get her going as it has a 4500 stall converter in it and 4.10 rear gears. It is a tight 4500, built for the street.
I would like to find a set of mufflers that will give it a low rumble sound. Not sure what to get, or if it would even help wit the 2" primary header tubes. I'll have to get someone else to drive it by me so I can hear for myself how loud it is going down the street.
My one other problem is the speedometer does not work at all. I need to climb under the car and see if the speedometer gear is installed correctly, then check the cable. I really hope the speedometer itself is not bad, as that's not coming out. The previous owner installed the cage so that the one bar crosses right in front of the lower edge of the speedometer, and right in front of the wiper switch.
I'll have the car out again later tonight to go get fuel, and go stop by my friends house.

i had terminator mufflers on a built 350 i had and they were great had a nice rumble at idle but seemed to get quieter as the rpm went up under partial throttle and it still sounded mean under full throttle

I have Grundy on my '70 duster $375 a year for $30.000 coverage no mileage restrictions..

-
Back