Shoutout to Ratech Manufacturing

-

Woody'sScamp

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
All,
Ratech manufacturing has great customer service.
I made a rookie mistake, I didn't take out my old carrier and measure the bearing cups before ordering a complete rebuild kit for a '75 8.25 rear end. I did e-mail Ratech back and forth and described what I was doing, installing a sure grip, lower gears. They said use the 3022K kit. I ordered it from Summit. I discovered Tuesday night the bearings in the kit were too big (OD 3.06") after paying someone to press them on for me. (Dumb! Compare the cups first.)
Anyway I e-mailed Ratech Tuesday night, with the correct #(LM102910) on the old cups and they hit me back Wednesday morning saying "you have a rare one (8.25)" and asking for my address and they would send the correct bearings (OD 2.89"). Great customer service, no charge! I left Thursday morning for a trip and just got home tonight and the bearings are here and they are correct. Now I pay again and get these pressed on! (I'm learning, slowly.)
Now, I'm not sure why my 8.25 is "rare", was 1975 possibly a one off year? Why is this 8.25 housing a different size for carrier bearings? Anyone know the answer?
Hopefully by next weekend I'll find out if the sure grip goes in with the new pinion and gears.
Woody

-
Back