Show And Midnight Sale At Vic Hubbard's Tonight!

-

Thrashard340

Reaction score
There's a car show at Vic Hubbards Speed & Marine tonight. 6PM to 12 midnight. They will match pricing and drop sales tax. Bring your Summit, Jegs, etc. catalogs. They don't stock much by way of Mopar Performance stuff but universal items or brands (guages, mufflers, Edelbrock, etc.) should be good buys.

There's never a good showing of Mopar's here so I'm hoping some of you guys in the area will make it out. I'll be there between 7-8 in my Blue 72' Duster.

Midnight Madness @ Vic Hubbard Speed & Marine
411 West A Street, Hayward, CA 94541

http://vichubbard.com/pages.php?pageid=10

There's another one of these shows tonight. Only 1 Mopar shown last time. A very nice 68-69 GTX. As usual the typical turnout of GM and Mustangs (lots of them).

I made it to the show between 7 - 8PM and ran into member Redfastback. It was good to meet a fellow FABO out there and Redfastback had quite a crowd of spectators admiring his Barracuda. Heck...it was nice just seeing more than 1 Mopar out there this time.:cheers:

Steve, it was nice to meet and chat with you. I hope you got a chance to spread the word about your services.

GTXperience, I didn't catch you there. There was a silver Roadrunner or Satellite there, also drawing a crowd. Was that you?

-STAN

Matt & I went to the downtown Hayward car show before heading to Vic Hubbards but I think we were there by 7:30 at the latest. We saw Steve inside the store (which btw, it was nice meeting you Steve). And yes, his Barracuda was drawing some big stares. I almost brought the GTX out but didn't have time and drove directly to Hayward in my white Ram. I believe besides Steve's Barracuda and the silver Roadrunner, there was a blue '70 Duster with a warmed over 360 and Dave (who was at the downtown Hayward car show) came by as we were leaving with his '35 Plymouth coupe. That was it for the Mopars. BTW: The downtown show had two other 30's (I believe a '34 and a '37) Mopars there besides Dave's '35. That's pretty rare for any show. I will try and post a few pics from both events.

Here are pics from Vic Hubbards and the downtown Hayward car show.

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Matt & I went to the downtown Hayward car show before heading to Vic Hubbards but I think we were there by 7:30 at the latest. We saw Steve inside the store (which btw, it was nice meeting you Steve). And yes, his Barracuda was drawing some big stares. I almost brought the GTX out but didn't have time and drove directly to Hayward in my white Ram. I believe besides Steve's Barracuda and the silver Roadrunner, there was a blue '70 Duster with a warmed over 360 and Dave (who was at the downtown Hayward car show) came by as we were leaving with his '35 Plymouth coupe. That was it for the Mopars. BTW: The downtown show had two other 30's (I believe a '34 and a '37) Mopars there besides Dave's '35. That's pretty rare for any show. I will try and post a few pics from both events.

HAHA! So I guess I did run into you. That was me in the 72 Blue Duster when you caught me with the flash. The 360 is a low mileage, about 5k miles (sorry, must have miscommunicated to you) bored .060 over with Crower cam.

good meeting both of you guys. had fun. i wish i had known about the hayward festival too. when vic starts up again, we need to swarm the place with mopars instead 5.0's and camaros.

good meeting both of you guys. had fun. i wish i had known about the hayward festival too. when vic starts up again, we need to swarm the place with mopars instead 5.0's and camaros.

I agree. That's why I've been pushin' real hard to get some of you guys out there and I'm glad you guys showed up.

HAHA! So I guess I did run into you. That was me in the 72 Blue Duster when you caught me with the flash. The 360 is a low mileage, about 5k miles (sorry, must have miscommunicated to you) bored .060 over with Crower cam.

Ah yes, I remember that deer in the headlight look. ;-) Sorry for startling you. It's cool that we met without actually knowing we met. We didn't want to bother you too long since I noticed that you were texting or doing something on your phone. Perhaps next time, we can all meet up there and if it falls on the same night as one of the downtown events - go there first and then head over to Vic Hubbards.

BTW: I picked up a set of Eddy heads and a Melling HV72 pump while there. Why not since it was tax free night and I would rather give my $ to a local speed shop rather than to Summit or Jegs. The Eddys are for the '69 Barracuda which is getting detuned for the street (so off come the W2s). The W2s (or a set of Indy 360-1s) may find their way onto the new 408 for the '35 Plymouth. Otherwise, they will be available in the near future.

Ah yes, I remember that deer in the headlight look. ;-) Sorry for startling you. It's cool that we met without actually knowing we met. We didn't want to bother you too long since I noticed that you were texting or doing something on your phone. Perhaps next time, we can all meet up there and if it falls on the same night as one of the downtown events - go there first and then head over to Vic Hubbards.

I'm game...let's get organized. Vic Hubbards won't have another show until next year.

BTW: I picked up a set of Eddy heads and a Melling HV72 pump while there. Why not since it was tax free night and I would rather give my $ to a local speed shop rather than to Summit or Jegs. The Eddys are for the '69 Barracuda which is getting detuned for the street (so off come the W2s). The W2s (or a set of Indy 360-1s) may find their way onto the new 408 for the '35 Plymouth. Otherwise, they will be available in the near future.

I'm with ya. I go mainly to buy parts tax free and they will price match.

If you want to look into the schedule for next year, just let us know and we will show up. I will call Dave with the yellow '35 Plymouth as well. We are looking forward to having both '35s out there someday.

do you guys know when the show at the kmart in san leandro at washington/floresta streets is? they used to have it every other thursday...

I can't find any info on that show. If you hear anything, post it up, I'll do my best to make it out there.

-
Back