Show me your stereos in your car

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Anyone got and pics of their sound systems in their Mopars? I don't mean newer Mopars, I just mean older ones that originally came with say an AM radio. I want to put a CD player in my Dart, but I'm not going to cut up the dash at all. I was thinking of putting it in the glovebox and maybe hiding some speakers under the front bench. Anyone done this or any other ways?

I know this is not currently in my barracuda, but I took this bezzel out of a '91 Mazda pick up. B2200. It literly fits perfect underneath my dash on the hump. It really works good in the barracuda. But I've had it in a couple different cars and it works great in all of them. I'm going to shoot it gold and keep it in my barracuda. Then I'll just put speaker boxes in the back cargo area.

stereo bezzel002.jpg

My Barracuda gets the old AM radio. I may add on an old school Sparkomatic
FM converter

new332_Small_.jpg

newdash09.jpg

I just wish it was in the car and the car was finished.

I cut my dash only because the trim was allready broken by that area and only had to trim a tiny bit off the dash. I can still put the original back in with good trim and you wouldn't notice at all because the trims covers the cuts and the holes to attach the radio are still entact. It's a 68 Dart GT

Demon and Dart Sport.......Original NOS Craig Powerplay 8 Track/FM, and a Sony Cassette AM/FM in a removable console, respectively. Both sound great hooked to rear high power 6X9's and front 6's.

106_0690.jpg

113_1316.jpg

Pastortom, tell me about your center console, where to get one or who made it. The one in the Demon.

get one of these !
http://www.vintagevibes.net/Stereos/secretaudio.htm

No cutting of dash or anything, hooked right up and is installed underneath your seat, hidden from everything. comes with a remote control and if you want a CD player you can get that option too. I have the 10 disc CD player hooked up in the truck of my Dart Sport and I like how everything is stock looking but you get the modern radio as well. I would recommend this to anyone, that isn't willing to cut the dash in their car.

PastorTom1: I like your set up; I'm considering fabricating a console after I get my car up and running. I like to have cup holders and a stereo at my disposal.

I had the shop mount an Eclipse HU under the glove compartment with an underdash mount kit. I considered going in the glove box but glad I didnt and didnt want to cut into the dash. Getting the aftermarket antenna mounted where the factory one was turned out to be a ***** though. But they got it done. 6.5 Eclipse coaxs in the doors. Had to be cut of course into some metal at the bottom but I really wanted 6.5's. 5.25's will give you more room though. They fit, but the window crank comes real close.In the future I will install an Eclipse 4-ch amp under the front seat for the 6.5's and bridge it for a 10" Infinity sub in a ported box in the trunk. I make sure I dont lose my remote to control the headunit from the drivers side. It didnt let me send pics, so I will try to change the file size for the pics I have.

-
Back