Show me your theater and I'll show you mine

-

Serj22

Reaction score
Someone made a thread called "Show me your workbench, and I'll show you mine" SO I wanted to move to another aspect of the man cave - the Home Theater. Show me yours and I'll show you mine. :glasses7: Here's a sample.... this is my homemade Blu-Ray rack. That's all ya get - show me your theater and I'll show you mine. I don't care if it's a TV on a stand. P4P. lol:D

"whatever you stck youBluRays in, just stack em in a Firestone" or something like that. It used to be a 1947 Firestone Floor model radio. It's a work in progress.

"I had posted on this a while back. I was a custom installer for Magnolia Audo/Video here in the Seattle for a while, till I got laid off. Before we moved to the dumpy mobile home we are in now, I had a 73" Mistubishi DLP RPTV, Pioneer Elite 7.1 HDMI AVR, Adcom GFA 585 2ch amp, Martin Logan front stage, Boston Acoustics surrounds, Pioneer Elite BDP 23FD Blu Ray Player, Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD player, DirecTV HD DVR, Home Theater PC, and lots of HD DVD, Blu Ray and DVDs. We downsized in our new place, to a 39" Insignia 1080 LCD TV. I'll see if I can point you to another forum I am a member of that has pix of my old setup. It was pretty nice...

link

Once we get a new house built on the 2.3 acres we bought about 18 months ago, the plan is for an 18 seat theater over the garage, I'm putting in a 154" 2.35:1 screen, new 9.2 Pre/Pro, 200 W Mono amps from Outlaw Audio, SV Subs, Martin Logan in wall speakers, Projector, and whatever else I need. The seating will be 6 reclining love seats, and three reclining sofa's along the back wall.

j

Here is my bowling alley/ media room.

Attachments

• Media room.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Media room2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 119
Wooo these are dirty! I like it. I used to live in the Seattle area and got all my parts from a local a/v store in Silverdale. I forget what it's called. I have always done my own installs though.

I'll go full frontal now.

I used to have a much nicer receiver till someone spilled their drink on it at a party and the HDMI ports no longer worked. For now i have a Denon 7.1

In front I am running Sony SS series for now while i build the rest of my custom speakers. I also run a 10" downfiring Boston Acoustic sub, and a David Hafler amplifier (favorite toy) for the fronts. It's all attached to my HTPC I custom built and a PS3, as well as an HD cable box. The projector is an Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350. I have had it for a little over a year. I pump it all onto a 120" screen up front.

And the couches are equipped with Aura Pro shakers for when it needs to be kept quiet.

And my custom home made HTPC:

Random clock wall art I made:

Here is the PC I built 12g 2tera 2g graphics card hooked up to a 32" TV for monitor

Attachments

• IMG_20130419_202609.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 83
Here is the PC I built 12g 2tera 2g graphics card hooked up to a 32" TV for monitor

Sweet. The one on my rig is a 12g 1.5 tera 2g graphics card and a bluray drive. And it's hooked up to the 120". I keep building them for friends and family. I just built an animation monster with 16g ram, 4 terabyte storage, and 2 2g graphics cards in crossfire, w/bluray and every kind of drive reader imaginable. Of course I don't get to keep it... sigh...

-
Back