Show us your Guitars

-

smlveightis

Confused in Confusion
Reaction score
O.K. then guys and gals, I know i'm not the only one here who also plays guitar and rods their cars. Post pics of your guitar(s)! Would love to see them in all their glory! BTW, here are a few of mine. Please enjoy. :rock:

crestwood lespaul 001.jpg

crestwood lespaul 003.jpg

gibson lespaul custom 88 002.jpg

gibson lespaul custom 88 005.jpg

gibson lespaul standard 90 003.jpg

gibson lespaul standard 90 004.jpg

gibson lespaul studio 002.jpg

gibson lespaul studio 003.jpg

1960 Supro 001.jpg

1960 Supro 004.jpg

The one that lives on a stand and gets played all the time, an Evo Exotic Wood series.
DSC00881.jpg

The one I used to rock on all the time, a Washburn 333, all options except for the actual Dimebag signature sticker.
DSC00883.jpg

6-string acoustic/electric Ovation. Got it for tax only on a sale when I bought the Dean.
DSC00882.jpg

12-string acoustic/electric Ovation. This one rarely leaves the case.
DSC00885.jpg

And my pride and joy, 1/140 Fender Custom Shop Stratocasters made with the black hollowflake paintjob... signed my the man himself Kenny Wayne Shepherd at a massive Dodge event in California two years ago this weekend. I went in person last year and got to meet him and thank him again for signing it for me :)
KennyWayneGuitarForSuperT.jpg

This should be updated as the 2 electrics on the left are gone and the two on the right are on e-Bay right now. Missing is my recently acquired Ibanez BTB 455.
GRM074-vi.jpg

Awesome collection there Supert!! Love the Ovations as well. I have a 12 string just like yours. Does it have the large bowl back? BTW, just love the Purple Ovation!!!! AWESOME!!

Yes, both Ovations are bowlbacks. They sound phenomenal plugged in, but as acoustics they sound a little flat. They play great though. I also have a BC Rich Warlock NJ Series that I took apart to repaint about 7 years ago and never finished. Maybe I'll dig that out this summer and get some color on it, if I can still find the bag w/ all the hardware in it.

Awesome collection there Supert!! Love the Ovations as well. I have a 12 string just like yours. Does it have the large bowl back? BTW, just love the Purple Ovation!!!! AWESOME!!

Wow, beautiful guitars here! :cheers:

Here is my junk.

Ltd M100 FM
Ibanez Rg 270
Ibanez Rg 570
Washburn Wi-64
Ibanez Gio
Eterna ec-15

Guitars 011.jpg

Guitars 012.jpg

Guitars 014.jpg

Guitars 016.jpg

Guitars 018.jpg

Guitars 019.jpg

Here's five of ten I have hanging in my Studio. Plus a couple of other pics.

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

Wall of Guitars.jpg

P1010008.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

Here are my two guitars
My Dean ml xm which is my first guitar
102_1117.jpg

And my 2nd my brother gave me
102_1120.jpg

Some nice axes there. I'm presently doing some hardware and pickups switches on two guitars. I'll post a pic of them when I am done. Here's a list of the current line up:
- ESP/LTD M200FM
- ESP/LTD M207, 7-string (getting new pickups & tremolo)
- Jackson JS30DK (getting new pickups & graphic)
- Custom six string electric that I built
- Epiphone PR100 acoustic
- Samick SW210-12, 12-string acoustic
- Rogue LX045 Pro, 5-string bass

Cuda34067, Not sure what you are refering to but here's what's in the photo.
Left to right is 80's Kramer I rebuilt myself including paint, Pawn shop Les Paul copy solid mahogony no brand, 1985 Charvel model 4 (I have two Black and Red), 1983 Ibanez Artist, 80's Kramer with custom paint and rebuilt by me.
Amps are 1985 Peavey Butcher head 120 watt (I have two), two 4x12 celestion loaded cabs, one 70's Carvin 4x12 cab celestion loaded, one 1976 Peavey Classic 212, Alesis Quadraverb GT effects I have two, Furman power rack. 1988 Taylor 410 acoustic.
Not pictured = 1973 Peavey 410 Classic, two Roland Blues cube30, 1965 Fender Super Reverb rebulilt by me, 1967 Gibson SG melodymaker (looks just like an SG but with slim headstock, 1991 Charvel Fusion Deluxe, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop, a ton more gear and a a full recording studio!
John B.

Gibson & SG.JPG

PA300052.jpg

PA300053.jpg

PA300045.jpg

PA300046.jpg

PA300051.jpg

OK, heres a couple pics of my current rides... The first is my pride and joy, my 2007 Martin D18GE, best sounding acoustic in my stable. Next is papa's old 1972 Martin D35. Sad story... He had an old 50's D18 that was stolen from his home, only to find it around the corner smashed to bits on the sidewalk!!! This was the replacement he bought with the insurance money in 72. The other guitars in my stable don't see much playing time because of these 2, and the fact that I'm actually an upright bass player in a Bluegrass band. Somewhere in the closet are a couple more acoustics, my old 1960 Les Paul, my old 1972 Strat, a Tele knockoff, a bunch of accordians (I used to play in a Zydeco band!!) and enough equipment to throw out my back for good!!! Rock on..'er, I mean pick on all, Geof

000_0016.jpg

000_0002.jpg

Cosgig, beautiful acoustics you've got there. Those Martin's sure have a sound of their own. Beautiful tone. BTW, I didn't know of any Zydeco bands playing in the SE michigan area within recent memory. Where did you guys play?? Also love the Bluegrass. PM me when your band is out playing, would love to come and see you guys.....

Fishthatkills.....was referring to the last pic in your thread. Is that you on stage, and is that a Deluxe GT? BTW love your studio. Looks like you've got a lot of time and resources wrapped up in there. Awesome!!

Yes that is my 2006 Les Paul Gold Top Deluxe. Very sweet and after I had the fretboard milled by Mark Erlewine of Erlewine Guitars Austin Texas, it plays by itself. Too bad Gibson does not set up thier guitars very well anymore. I mean it "met" thier standards just did'nt meet mine!

And yes that is me on stage! 2008 CD Release!

Very true on the resources involved. Many years and commitment involved.

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

It is not my guitar but it is one we bought for my son, Clay. I love the color of it and I love hearing him play.

clay guitar.jpg

Cosgig, beautiful acoustics you've got there. Those Martin's sure have a sound of their own. Beautiful tone. BTW, I didn't know of any Zydeco bands playing in the SE michigan area within recent memory. Where did you guys play?? Also love the Bluegrass. PM me when your band is out playing, would love to come and see you guys.....

Hey there cuda34067, I'll tell ya, back in the middle to late 80's when I was but a young man, I did a lot of Zydeco music in Ann Arbor at the Blind Pig, Ricks American Cafe, at the Frog Island Festival in Ypsi, Ricks in Lansing and at a bunch of outdoor festivals in and around SE Michigan. Sadly, Zydeco sort of fell out of favor and you can hardly even see the big acts come through anymore, except for Buckwheat, he still comes to the Ark in Ann Arbor and to the Magic Bag in Ferndale. Gone are the days of Beau Jocque, Terrence Simien, and Chubby Carrier, who would just flat out demolish any venue they came too. I used to work the Frog Island Fest and after Terrence came to town, we would always have to re-tighten the stage the morning after his performance!!!

As for my band now, we have been pickin' it up since 1989, and can be found all over town. Go to companyofstrangers.com or check out our facebook page, Company of Strangers music. We have a small lull right now, but we always do a lot of outdoor festivals in the summertime. FYI, I'm the handsome one on the upright!!!LOL!!! Maybe we'll see you around town sometime, just come up and introduce yourself!!! Geof

-
Back