Show your early A tire wheel combos.

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Thinking of changing up the tire size on my 65 Dart, and would like to see some different combinations. Not planning on tubbing, or goining anything bigger than a 235 on the back so.....

Please list tire and wheel size. Back spacing would be a plus.

Would really like to see who is running 15's as well.

Thanks guys.

Just stuffed some 245/60/14's under my 66 Dart with 14 x 6 wheels. I'll snap a couple pics and post 'em later.

I am going to go with your set up Johnny Dart, I have the factory 14'' wheels to be blasted and the same caps you have on your Dart and looking at painting the wheels the same color of my car :thumrigh:.
I am sure you know by now I just run a 14'' sbp Ralley's.
I hope to see some good info in this thread on 15'' wheels, But on these early A's I think 14'' is best :thumrigh: for me me anyway :glasses2:
215/70R14, My son's disagrees with me :glasses2:

Attachments

• Axle bearing change 120.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 366
Just stuffed some 245/60/14's under my 66 Dart with 14 x 6 wheels. I'll snap a couple pics and post 'em later.

Here is a 235/60-14 on the back. 5.5" wheel.

This is big as I would go.

Had the same tire on the front, and needed Popeye arms to turn with the manual steering. :eye:

Attachments

• Picture 674.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 349
I am going to go with your set up Johnny Dart, I have the factory 14'' wheels to be blasted and the same caps you have on your Dart and looking at painting the wheels the same color of my car :thumrigh:.
I am sure you know by now I just run a 14'' sbp Ralley's.
I hope to see some good info in this thread on 15'' wheels, But on these early A's I think 14'' is best :thumrigh: for me me anyway :glasses2:
215/70R14, My son's disagrees with me :glasses2:

Thinking about swapping the 215/70-14's from the green 70 and put on the 65 for test purposes. For some reason I thought they were to tall for the fronts. Will tell you how it works Mike.

I have 205/75's on the front and 215/75's on 14 X 5 1/2 wheels.

Attachments

• DSC02495.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 318
Thanks for posting Commando,
Love the wagon. Actually saw it on the site and was going to ask you what you
were running.
Put some 215/70-14's 5.5" rim from my 70 on my 65. Really liked the look.
Looks very close to your set-up, fills the wells nice. Dont want to go to big on tires because it's a /6 car.

LOL on needing Popeye arms to turn. Mine just got coverted to P/S or I'd never be able to make a turn. I had a hell of a time with the old tires that were on it. I measured the backspacing on the rears @ 3 1/2. It's close on the outside, but doesn't rub. It's a /6 car also.

Your orange 65 Vert has always been one of my faves on here 8)

Attachments

• Verts New Tires and Cragars 015 (Small).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 313
LOL on needing Popeye arms to turn. Mine just got coverted to P/S or I'd never be able to make a turn. I had a hell of a time with the old tires that were on it. I measured the backspacing on the rears @ 3 1/2. It's close on the outside, but doesn't rub. It's a /6 car also.

Your orange 65 Vert has always been one of my faves on here 8)

Thanks for the compliment means a lot.

I sold the wheels/tires on the 65. Just been bored I guess. Lol.
I have a set of 14" x 5.5" powder coated steel wheels I have been wanting to use. Kind of like the look of the 215/70-14's I had on there today.

Is that your Vert ?
Looks great.
What's your tire rim combo ?

Thanks for the compliment means a lot.

I sold the wheels/tires on the 65. Just been bored I guess. Lol.
I have a set of 14" x 5.5" powder coated steel wheels I have been wanting to use. Kind of like the look of the 215/70-14's I had on there today.

Is that your Vert ?
Looks great.
What's your tire rim combo ?

Yes, it's mine and thx. It's a fun lil car when the weather's cooler. I'm really happy w/ the P/S upgrade even though it still needs some "fine tuning".

The rear wheels are old school chrome reverse w/ Mopar police caps. The front and rear tires are actually the ones I took off my Demon when I switched wheels and tires on it. I was soooo happy that they fit as they had less than 200 miles on them when I took 'em off #-o. Just some old fashioned recycling going on :). I thought it looked best with the raised white letters "in" on mine, but who knows LOL.

Fronts are Cragar 14 x 6 w/ 205/70/14 BFG T/A Radials

Rears Chrome Reverse 14 x 6 245/60/14 BFG's

6,5"x15" 70s C-body wheels, 235/60/15 rear, 195/60/15 front. I´m going to change rears to widened 7,5" steelies with 225/60 as soon as I´ll get those painted...

-
Back