Shroud question

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
I got my new A-body shroud today and have a question. The fan opening on the shroud is 19 3/4" in diameter and my fan is a 18" steel clutch fan. What is the correct fan for this size shroud?

With the 18" fan I would have 3/4" space between the shroud and fan. I have a torque strap that helps limit the movement of the motor but was curious to know do I need a smaller fan? The guy at Mancini says that the shroud fits a 16" before I bought it. I figured I would just by a fan to fit the shroud. However when I got the shroud in hand I find out that the opening is large enough for my fan but wasn't sure about it. Also larger the fan the more air it will move ... right?

18" is correct for that. My 18" fan has about 3/4" (all the way around) spacing with the shroud. The fan blade that accompanies a fan clutch has more pitch than the standard fan.

18" is correct for that. My 18" fan has about 3/4" (all the way around) spacing with the shroud. The fan blade that accompanies a fan clutch has more pitch than the standard fan.

Thank you sir!

Thats what I need to know.

-
Back