sick and tired of Hurst promatic. options?

-

jcarr210

Reaction score
So I put in the truck version promatic shifter in my manual valve body 727 bench seat 340 valiant and the reach was perfect. The problem is I'm constantly having to screw around with the adjustment because it will never ever perfectly match up with the tranny. The detent on the shifter just won't match up with the ones on the tranny. The best I've gotten was perfect downshifting and perfect 1 to 2 shift but I'd have to smack it for it to catch third. If I adjusted it a hair to catch third then 1st won't engage right. Is there another shifter that does it another way or has an adjustable detent so to speak. If it's low to the floor i'll just put it on a stand of some sort since with the manual valve body I'm constantly shifting. Thanks!

I had the same problem with mine. You just need to fine tune it. It will work.

They all pretty much work the same as far as adjustments go.

I had the exact same problem. I made the slightest of adjustments (after thinking it thru first) and everything fell right in place. Havent had to touch it since then.

I had the exact same problem. I made the slightest of adjustments (after thinking it thru first) and everything fell right in place. Haven't had to touch it since then.

They are touchy, lol. I fiddled with mine several times before getting it perfect.

I think I'll let it sit a week and give it another try. I was at the pulling my hair out point over the weekend. Thanks guys.

I really like the B&M Pro Ratchet. I REALLY liked the old B&M Kwik Klik but they are no longer made. The Pro Ratchet is essentially an updated version. Very solid shifter.

Check and make sure the cable moves freely and easily .

Mine did the same thing as yours and I found out the cable was smashed and not moving freely.

New cable and all was good and it adjusted right the first try

-
Back