side view mirrors

-

rdb

Reaction score
Even tho original I don't like the small round side view mirrors the '64 Dart has, and want something more rectangular... anyone think these would look ok? I jsut dont' have a grip on what is close to correct for the era, and what would look odd. But the little round ones just don't show enough --at least the way traffic is around here!

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1950s-Chrome-outside-rear-view-fender-door-mirrors-Roberk-new-in-box-50s-/331324579919?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d247be04f&vxp=mtr"]1950's Chrome Outside Rear View Fender Door Mirrors Roberk New in Box 50'S | eBay[/ame]

I'm not a big fan of any aftermarket chrome hot rod stuff. That little pivot ball will be floppy before you know it and the plastic mirrors that a lot of people put on are worse.
I'm going through the process right now of trying to find something OEM that can be modified for use but there aren't many options.
My requirements are:
1. Must have similar styling to the car ( i.e. not some baby euro trash mirrors )
2. Must mount in an approximate location to the stock mirrors.
There are only a couple of options that fit those requirements.
Late 70ish Camaro mirrors might be a good starting point, but they're getting a little expensive to buy and modify only to have them not work. They are VERY similar to the new style challenger mirrors...heck, challenger mirrors would make a great start, but would be kind of expensive.

-
Back