siezed 440

-

68GoldFastback

Reaction score
bought a 440 couple months back, been soaking the hell out of it..... wont turn at all, pistons are stuck in there, tried hammering them out that didnt work either..... the guy i bought it from said it came out of a 71 challenger that his friend wrapped around the tree in 75, im running out of options, and i can;t seem to find any good engine shops on Long Island, if anyone knows of any engine places, please let me know..... thanks

don't know what you are using but automatic trans fluid will loosen up those pistons try to cover the tops of the pistons and just let it sit be paitent maybe 4 0r 5 days but it will work .however if you are in a hurry try to get hold of a can of (krol) this is the best penetrating fluid you will ever use it is made by kano labatories and used in the aero space industry it will loosen any thing hope this helps

Had a 400 stuck real bad like that. Soaked the cylinders for months with trans fluid with no luck. Flipped it over , took all the mains off and drove the pistons out from the bottom. Unfortunately most of the pistons were scrap ( I did not need them anyways) I think maybe a rod or 2 may have been damaged. I also did not need them. But it came apart in about 15 minutes. See pic below for aforementioned block. fastback383...

were can i find KROL, is it sold in any auto store, or do i have to order from a site.....thanks again

try the internet to find a distributor in your area or if you know some one thet works in the industrial maintenane field they will have access to it hope this helps

here is the phone # for kano labs 800 311 3374 i spelled it wrong it is kroil guarantee you will love this stuff

-
Back