Signet Upgrade

-
Hay Jimmy got his tti's :cheers:
Your part's look great, But! Can I say your yard look's perfect :thumbup:

All of this looks way too familiar! lol I have the 360 out and I have just finished the repaint in the bay. It looks sweet! I think I may have to start a thread. Ayy you have me wondering why you say the body color is not year appropriate, mine is a 69 and it came that same color. B5 yeah ?

4mulaSvaliant said:
All of this looks way too familiar! lol I have the 360 out and I have just finished the repaint in the bay. It looks sweet! I think I may have to start a thread. Ayy you have me wondering why you say the body color is not year appropriate, mine is a 69 and it came that same color. B5 yeah ?

Not this colour, It's a stab in the dark pick and not a Chysler colour (maybe close however) PS I seen your work...well done! :thumbup: and good luck

Well I started grinding off some of thee old paint today. Did I hear someone say it was EZ work? (lier) this sucks :lol:

A long ways to go yet!!

DSCF0001.JPG

yeah its definately not fun work! But look at what my hard work turned up! Damn Im glad thats over. However I have a hell of a headache right now. I just got the motor in about 2 hours ago and I couldnt get any last minute help so it was all me to get it in carefully! ughhhhhhhh!

new engine in bay.jpg

4mulaSvaliant said:
yeah its definately not fun work! But look at what my hard work turned up! Damn Im glad thats over. However I have a hell of a headache right now. I just got the motor in about 2 hours ago and I couldnt get any last minute help so it was all me to get it in carefully! ughhhhhhhh!

Excellent, sure looking good!! :thumbup:

Luck would have it! :angry4: After doing some grinding I noticed that there was a tad of "deep" rust about the size of a dime....We all know what this ends up being. By the time I had it down to complete metal she was about the size of a silver dollar. (sorry don't have a picture of it).
I ended up cutting it out square and welded in a chunk of sheet metal. Of course I welder has no gas, so she was hot and ended up being a rather poor job. Not to be out done :evil2: I grinded her down good and layed a sheet of fiberglass over the work. A little bondo, a lot of sanding.......and I'm quite impressed how it turned out. "Should" be good at least until the next cycle :lol:

Pics of Fiberglass in place over welded plate, and completion of sanding and primer.

fender1.JPG

fender2.JPG

fender3.JPG

fender4.JPG

Jimmy, When I was doing the Cuda I had rust in the same spot on both aprons. I fixed them the same way.

Hey, that wasn't a rust hole! That hole is for the rare optional left side hidden fender antenna....doh! :)

Got behind the grill painted today and finished up on the K-frame. The bays almost ready for painting. Had a little more time, so I also rebuilt the Master and cleaned it up for install. :coffee2:

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

Today I completed painting the engine bay. I'm really quite suprised how well it turned out using good paint and taking my time. I asked for the single stage and put on three coats. "Sorry" no pictures..wife took the camera to NFLD for two weeks. Tomorrow I'll start priming the master cylinder and see if I can started on the Line Locks. "I" hate working on brakes!
Cheers guys!

Jimmy you are really making me sick (at myself). The car is looking awsome. I just hope I can get started on mine again soon.
And again looking great.
Jeff

Made a lot of headway over the past week or so. I got all my tubing completed on for the line loc's and new trans cooling runs as well. I ended up building a "level" aluminium plateform for the line loc and MSD. Had a bit of cancer on the lower fender so yup did the bodywork. I had to use the rocker panal as a paint guide due to the slight differance in tone. I found that painting and following a line tends to make it look just like a shadow.
Most important.........
Today I got the trans/motor installed with the TTIs. I'm really glad I used the old motor as a template, everything fit well with a lot of clearance. (well not a real lot)...The only ***** of the day was getting the motor bolted up to the trans :cussing: My arms are F**ked. The motor was slighty, I mean just slighty canted a few degrees due to the carport ground and as well the signets trans tunnel had a .5" lip that prevented me to get a good front to back angle....But it's now in, "and" if there's any leaks I'll invest in some C4.
Wife gets back in a week so I'll have the show and tell pic.

I would like to thank you guys for all your help. :headbang: :headbang:

The wife's home & I got the carmera back so I can post a few.

Motor flash right up first time and everything looked/sounded good. After a few higher RPM revs I noticed one leak (a bad one) at the oil pan rear "U" gasket. I will have to think this one out...or pull the motor again :cussing: :sad1:
Anyways, The pics show the engine bay re-paint with everything together. I put the line loc and MSD on a plate to so I could still wipe under it. By the rad I made up a overspill bottle from a used propane bottle. The valve covers match pretty good with the air cleaner and I got the fuel pressure guage line run together without problems as well.
More later.....

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

Really nice man. Too bad you have to pull it all out again! :) Oops, I didn't mean to rub it in....

It's just a matter of a few bolts, some wires and stuff like that. Have the local Mopar club over and do it all together! If I lived there I'd come and help, just for the experience.

65s said:
Really nice man. Too bad you have to pull it all out again! :) Oops, I didn't mean to rub it in....

It's just a matter of a few bolts, some wires and stuff like that. Have the local Mopar club over and do it all together! If I lived there I'd come and help, just for the experience.

Thanks man...she's already out and back in...10 HRS. I'll check it out tomorrow :prayer:

Hay jimmy boy that looks, looks, Looks great! absolutely outstanding.
Catch can set in there nice a propane bottle. :tongue9:
You have out dun your self again. :blob:
Hope the seal holds everything in there for you tomorrow :thumbup:

65s said:
Already done!? Holy engine-swapping speedo boy!
Yup...just got the starter, center link and fluids to go..I'm still pissed about having to pull the whole motor just due to a freaken leak. Oh well...

memike said:
Hay jimmy boy that looks, looks, Looks great! absolutely outstanding.
Catch can set in there nice a propane bottle. :tongue9:
You have out dun your self again. :blob:
Hope the seal holds everything in there for you tomorrow :thumbup:

Thanks Mike :thumbup:

-
Back