silly charger guys

-
Several years ago, my next door neighbor was a girl that worked for the traffic light crew of the county, and had a county assigned 3500 series diesel bucket truck.

Every day at 4:00 am, she'd start it up and let it idle for over an hour.

...about 12 feet outside my bedroom.

Incredibly inconsiderate.

...and my tax dollars out the window.

Yes that is very rude and totally unnecessary. First of all why was she allowed to bring the truck home in the first place. Secondly there must be a bylaw about commercial trucks being parked in a subdivision. They can't do it here.

Secondly there must be a bylaw about commercial trucks being parked in a subdivision. They can't do it here.

yeah, but this was in a free country

stir.gif

I'm sure my new neighbors loved me the week I had to drive the Duster to work. I leave at 3:30am.

Last edited:
There's lots of places in this country that aren't so free with restrictions on what you can do or bring into residential areas, either because of homeowners associations or local ordinances.

Several years ago, my next door neighbor was a girl that worked for the traffic light crew of the county, and had a county assigned 3500 series diesel bucket truck.

Every day at 4:00 am, she'd start it up and let it idle for over an hour.

...about 12 feet outside my bedroom.

Incredibly inconsiderate.

...and my tax dollars out the window.

Unbelievable!
And what is it with some diesel truck drivers?
I mean in this day and age do you really need to leave the engine idling interminably?
Or maybe it's 'cause their boss is paying for the fuel?

yeah, but this was in a free country

View attachment 1715149961
You can't get any more free than this country but there is such a thing as respect. Would you want to have a transport parked outside your house in a subdivision or large tow truck for example having them fired at up at 5-6 am and running for 20 minutes or so. Doubt it and that's what by-laws are for.

I'm sure my new neighbors loved me the week I had to drive the Duster to work. I leave at 3:30am.

I’d love to hear that outside every morning at 0300hrs. Probably leave my window open in hopes to glean the aroma of badassness.

You can't get any more free than this country but there is such a thing as respect. Would you want to have a transport parked outside your house in a subdivision or large tow truck for example having them fired at up at 5-6 am and running for 20 minutes or so. Doubt it and that's what by-laws are for.

Really man there is an unfortunate but effective remedy for this. Just get a decent neighborhood petition going and personally hand it to the city council member of jurisdiction. Then tell him/her to feel “free” to handle it quietly and quickly and your community will great appreciate it come election time. They won’t mind, in fact they’ll appreciate the opportunity for the support.

Mark Mark Mark he's just being a douche don't feed the troll.

-
Back