Silly wheel question

-

MoparBrit

HillingdonDart
Reaction score
Okay, need a spare for the Dart. LBP 14 inch. Car is a '71 Dart with '73 lbp discs and '73 Scamp 8 1/4 out back.

Here is the silly question. Going out to the UPull to get a spare. What car wheels will work without problems? Obviously a '73 Dart wheel would probably work (and I had one off, but left it at the yard and now there are no more). Any other cars as the yard only has the one Dart (less wheels). No Dusters, Valiants, Scamps etc. Going to use a 185/70/14 tyre to match the ones on the ground now as a spare.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

I think most any rear wheel drive Mopar with 14" wheels and disk brakes would work.
C

I picked up a set at Monster Mopar last Aug. Only needed one but he wouldn't sell just one. If your interested in the other one let me know. Only bad thing is the shipping would probably be as much as the wheel.

BTW: He said they were off a 69 charger and it's 14 by 5-1/2 large bolt pattern.

I bet there is some Volare or Aspens in the yard that you could gets some rims off of, and they would fit.

Thanks for the replies everyone and the offer on the wheel.

Before I look into shipping one let me have another look around the U pull and see what is there. There may have been a Volare there, but I didn't look close at it. Just wanted to make sure there was clearance for the brakes etc.

Would be nice if there was a factory alloy wheel that would work (like the late 80's mustangs used to have if I remember right). At least might shave a little weight off the car and get some better looks than just a steel one, but anything is better than nothing!

Cheers

-
Back