Simple Green soaking of black seat belts???

-

pauls340

Reaction score
I heard soaking seat belts in SG really cleans them up. Anyone do it, what's the process? Can the plastic seat belt clip be soaked. Thanks

Heck ya soak em totally submerged for about 2 hrs then rinse off good with water and lay out in the sun to dry. I think I poured about a quart of sg and mixed in about a gallon of hot water iirc. They seriously look brand new except for the buckles still showing use.

I've used Simple Green, myself. It's not caustic at all. It won't damage plastics or anything. Just rinse really well, and make sure you get them dried out well.

I just used dish washing soap and hot water, stir, rinse and repeat a couple times. came out great. for the plastic buckles i used black vinyl dye from part store but when i sprayed it, it seemed to go on a bit thick and cover some of the grain pattern, so i found a lint free rag and sprayed the dye on it and just rubbed it on, THIS WORKED GREAT.

I put my seatbelts inside socks, then through them in the clothes washer and drier. They came out great.

Simple green them in a bucket.....Works great !!!

If you need to spray/dye the plastic buckles, look no further than
SEM color coat paint/dye. Works on all interior parts.

-
Back