Single Lower Pulley

-

perfweld

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the single lower puller that Year One sells for the 70 - 74 SB Mopar will work on a 68 - 69 Engine. I dont know if the depth of the pulley will be correct. What im doing is the Engine was an A/C Power Steering Engine and the car is a Non P/S non A/C car. So all the pulleys ive got are for A/C P/S . Can I just buy the single lower pulley that Year One sells and will the offsets be close and use my water pump pulley, or do I need to get a new water pump and crank pulley, a matching pair ? This is by the way a 69 engine with the cast iron water pump.

Thanks
Mark

go to Mancini crank an water pump . i thought i had every pulley mopar made oops not those two . look at swap meets theres where just about the same price as new . was in the same boat as you are . i talk to art set me right up with the right stuff done deal no bs .......... oh yea buy them both they match .........i bought 1 then had to buy the other .... thought i had the water pump wrong hehehe live an learn right .

The '68-'69 lower pulley has a different offset then the '70 up pulley. If you run the '70 and up aluminum water pump and '70 up alternator brackets you can run the later pulley set up. The water pump pulley is different on '70 up also but it is available new:

http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/BPEpulleys.asp

I have a single groove '69 crank pulley that has been sand blasted and painted. If interested send me a PM.

When the wrong one gets here from year one ill return it and buy yours. Ill check the offset on the new one when it gets here, then let you know. I had to buy something, no one replied to my post and I wanted to get the car going.

Thanks for the help
Mark

Thank you for the link 340sFastback, looks like i need to spend the $$ on pulleys.
I'm having the same issue now. Building a 1969-340.
My new water pump has the dump on the bottom passenger side, so i think its a 70's pump ( i will have to check the part number if there is one??....are they all alluminum after 69?

I'm worried the i may not have the right (340) harmonic balancer on the engine, i know the 340 has a different pulley bolt pattern, doesnt it?

-
Back