Single turbo setup

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I want to run a single turbo setup on the pass. side for the fact that theres no steering box in the way. Can i run a turbo on the stock 318 forged pistons if i re ring them and so on? I need some one who would be able to make me a header to mount the turbo. I can have some one else do the intake piping and so on. I just want a turbo motor along side the 360 im building since its a little to late to switch to a turbo motor, being i have the kb107s already

Best bet would be to find a local speed shop/fabrication that can do that work for you. You can put the turbo on the 318, however some questions to consider before doing so.
carb or efi?
stock heads or aluminum?
static compression ratio?
cam selection?
rpm range?
automatic, manual, rear gearing?
you will need to do some turbo mapping to figure what size turbo you need before you can get the header built.

Still pros and cons to both setups. Where would you mount the rear mount? Whole different ball game into picking the right turbo out due to a loss of heat (heat is what spools the turbo up) traveling down the exhaust. You still need to do a lot of plumbing back up to the engine as well...

true because i have turn downs and would have to run exhaust all the way to the back so that i can hide the turbo under or near the bumper. There is lots of planing to do of course.

true because i have turn downs and would have to run exhaust all the way to the back so that i can hide the turbo under or near the bumper. There is lots of planing to do of course.

Yup, and then remember that intake plumbing needs to make it all the way back up to the engine. When i go turbo, it'll be under the hood, 3rd gen Hemi.

ya i want to run this one under the hood to, but i dont know how i would run the piping for the header to the turbo unless i went to the stock header or a shorty header or custom one.

-
Back