Sinkhole opens up at National Corvette Museum, swallows cars

-
A classic is still a classic. I do have less respect for museum cars tho, I understand rarity, one of a kind etc, but cars were built with the sole purpose to drive. Nothing more nothing less... if it can't be enjoyed the way it was meant to be it's almost like it's not a loss.

With that said, still sucks.

Consider the fact that all these cars were rare. Now consider the fact that the '62 was the only vintage/classic in the group. Lastly consider the '83 was a 1/1.

Hmmmmm.... Nope still could care less.

Wow i went there last year.there was only two i really liked.a 65 coupe.big block drag car.and a promod. Late model.but they were in the hallways.not in the center where the sinkhole took out the others...

Most of them drove like hay wagons..especially in the '70s..however, most are not holding their value so you can pick them up within the A body price range,,

And it came to pass, that the ground which opened to swallow the plastic cars, did vomit them back up.
For lo, they were found to be distasteful.

I purchased my 60 'Vette for $3500.00 in 1972, I sold it for $34,500.00 in 1986. Not so distasteful to me. ;)

That area is full of caves, kinda wonder if one didn't just cause the sink hole?
Would rather have seen a museum of ricers go, but hey, who the hell would bother to collect those?

Just outside the building is a drainage retention pond, that is very low and looks like it has been that way for a while. I wonder if anyone ever thought of why it was always low and where was the water going when it rained and the level went back down? May have something to do with it and maybe not.

That reminds me of a story from the old days. About a really hot chick driving a corvette that said, "You beat me, you eat me." on the back. :prayer:

Someone beat her in a race, and she kept going... :banghead:

I think that line was from and old movie. "Hard Bodies" or something like that. I remember the scene of him chasing her on foot.

to cover the hole they should put a giant port a john over it

Paid $2500 for this one in 1977. Still have it .... and the original Fuelie Unit. I will put it back on after I repaint the car and put stock suspension and wheels on it. I love my Corvette
:D:D:D

Attachments

• 118-1895_IMG.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 010.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 109
Like West Side Story in the cornfields of IL.

How long have you been a Mopar fan?

I have been for a long time. I used to get teased in high school for being a Mopar fan by all of the other Chevy, Pontiac, Olds, and Ford fans. There were only about 6 Mopar fans at our school. We had to be tough and hold our own against them.

Mopars weren't accepted as much back then as it is now.

Maybe that's where some of the hate comes from.

-
Back