Site changes, Please read !

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
In the next few weeks you will be seeing some changes to the site. The board now has a new owner and he has some plans to make it a better place for everyone. The board will change from PHP to V-Bulletin, there will be new graphics and more options.

All the old post, user names and password, email addresses, Moderators and Administrators including myself will all make the move.

I think everyone will be happy with the final outcome.

Everything will carry over, posts, user names, email addresses.

besides adam not being the owner and the V/B EVERYTHING will be the same!!!
adam will still be VERY apart of the site as well as all the MODS!!

Hi guys -

I'm Joey - and Adam was good enough to sell the site to me. Part of our deal was that he and the mods stay on because they have done such a great job and I didnt want to lose them.

A little about me. I am a web designer by trade. I own several sites including www.lincolnvscadillac.com. I also do a little real estate and own a piece of a few different businesses.

Let me say this. All I want is to make a great site better. You dont have to worry about a bunch of new rules or anything like that. Im pretty easy going and not into rules. I have one basic rule. Treat the other members with a little respect when your posting. That it. I want everyone to think of this as a fun place to be.

You dont have to worry about the site changes, everything will carry over as far as usernames, passwords, posts, etc. There are several reasons for changing to VB - most of which arent important right now. All I ask is that you keep an open mind, and I think you'll be happy when its all said and done.

Now for the bad news. I dont own an A Body aymore, but im hoping to soon, if I can find the right one.

If anyone wants to PM me - please feel free. I am pretty open about things so ask me anything you like. Dont hesitate to contact me if you need anything. I know this situation is a little strange and you guys didnt have any warning, but I hope we can all be friends.

Thanks guys.

Joey

I like the switches to VBulletin...much more user friendly, a reputation system, more options, etc, without having to modify the software like you do phpBB.

Go full speed ahead.

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

SI-Kent.gif

threefortyduster said:
I like the switches to VBulletin...much more user friendly, a reputation system, more options, etc, without having to modify the software like you do phpBB.

Go full speed ahead.

Actually, the ease of customization is also one of the upsides.

But another one is that it is quite search engine friendly. This means we will start getting new members who just simply find us by searching for something on the internet.

:) Its gonna be all good, I promise.

Sold?? WTF is up with that? Seems like just a couple months ago several folks on here, myself included, were donating our hard earned $$ to help pay the bills and keep this place alive. And now it's been sold? Hmmmm, I feel like I've been sold out.

greg,
it wasnt something adam was planning or something adam wanted to do...he felt that it was best for him and the site to keep it going and to make it better.

GotDart said:
Sold?? WTF is up with that? Seems like just a couple months ago several folks on here, myself included, were donating our hard earned $$ to help pay the bills and keep this place alive. And now it's been sold? Hmmmm, I feel like I've been sold out.

Yes and I appreciate all the help you guys gave me. Selling the site got me 100% out of my financial problems.

The changes Joey has planned are all for the good, I promise. I'm still going to be an admin I just dont have to worry about paying the bill and making all the changes to the board now. (or asking Mikel to do it)

If you have any concerns to dont wont to post you can PM me or Joey.

Welcome aboard Joey.
The administrators and Mods Have been talking to Joey for about a week now.
At first everyone was surprised and a little upset. After all even though it was Adam's site we all took pride and a sense of ownership here.
Joey seems like a nice , regular down to earth guy.
He asures us there will be no major changes except the ones mentioned above.
It is natural to be a little shocked and even a little pissed. You guys have to remember that Adam was having a problem. Yes we all rallied around Adam, and it might have been a stroke of luck that Joey came a long when he did. Try to be understanding about this.
We are growing very fast. Alot of new members.
Lets all ralley around Adam once more and congradulate him on developing a forum that we have all come to love and enjoy.
At the same time lets welcome Joey on board and help him to guide us into the future.

Joey you have my congradulations on your purchase of the finest Mopar
forum on the web. I will assist in the move forward in ways that I can.
Again Welcome :salut:

Sorry if I overreacted, but this just took me by surprise. I have been on this forum just about since it's beginning. It has been a great place, and I'm sure it will continue to be so. I like to feel that I helped in some small way in getting it to this point.

I also realize Adam was having some difficult times, and if selling the site helps him out then so be it. Honestly, I have no hard feelings.

Congrats on your purchase Joey. :salut:

GotDart said:

Greg -

All of us involved with the admin and upkeep of this site truly appreciate the donations and efforts that the members here have made. Without that, this site may not have continued, and Adam would be living in his Barracuda. And we all know there's not enough room for a family to live in an A-Body. ;-)

Joey made Adam a very generous offer for this site, and Adam would have been stupid to pass it up. Not only does it help him out of his financial distress, but it will allow this site to continue to grow and give us an excellent place to hang out.

Must have been tough to maintain a site this nice with less than 1000 members. Change is good, sounds like a win/win for all. I really appreciate this site. It has been a great resource for my little 67 even if I am not a strip racer :lol: Welcome new owners and the best of luck to all the founders!!!!!
Rat :salut:

Hey if its good for this site and so be it!

I just have 1 question as not being the sharpest knife in the draw when it comes to computers what the sam hill is V-bulletin??? :?

heck i didn't even know what the php or what ever it is now :roll:

bill

Khyron said:
V-Bullletin = www.nethirdgen.org

They run it there. It's basicly just a slightly different format. it won't be hard to get used to it if you are used to PHP <this board now>

Not to pick nits, but PHP is a programming language - both phpBB (this board) and vBulletin are written in PHP.

GotDart said:
I have been on this forum just about since it's beginning. It has been a great place, and I'm sure it will continue to be so. I like to feel that I helped in some small way in getting it to this point.

And I hope you'll help make it even better and take it to the next level. :)

Joeychgo said:
GotDart said:
I have been on this forum just about since it's beginning. It has been a great place, and I'm sure it will continue to be so. I like to feel that I helped in some small way in getting it to this point.

And I hope you'll help make it even better and take it to the next level. :)

hey joey,that's what i like to take the A-bodys to the next level :thumleft:

oh yea glad to see you come on.

bill

-
Back