Six Pack 225 possible?

-

Tower of Power

Surface rust
Reaction score
My father randomly informed me of the "Australian Hemis" existance, which immediately had me going "Ooooh Ahhhh" because Im totally in love with six pack cars, and slant six's and im sure you all know how awesome they are as a combination of the two, I was wondering if it was even Possible, (Or even practical), To convert a 225 to a "Six pack" even though its not a 265? or is it a totally different but similar block

Engine in question for anyone who doesnt know or think im nuts :happy10:
hemi_6_crate_engine_2.jpg

Fopar over on dot org daily drives this, and races it on the weekends.

P1000283.jpg

CJ

My father randomly informed me of the "Australian Hemis" existance, which immediately had me going "Ooooh Ahhhh" because Im totally in love with six pack cars, and slant six's and im sure you all know how awesome they are as a combination of the two, I was wondering if it was even Possible, (Or even practical), To convert a 225 to a "Six pack" even though its not a 265? or is it a totally different but similar block

Just pull out your credit card...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chry...arQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_772wt_939

Clifford has the intakes, carbs and linkage for like 1300.

I'm doing that in my Cuda. It's just a clean looking application.

I've managed to piece together a triple Weber set-up - intake and matching set of carbs. Still got to fabricate (or buy from PP&R) the linkage. Another exotic set-up I've got is a "3 pack" - a triple SU set-up.

Definitly keep us posted on how all of this turns out!

I'd love to hear what you think of the difference in performance from your stock slant 6.

Showing my age on this one. Back in the early 60's Hot Rod magazine commissioned Tex Smith to build a roadster using a 170 CID /6, called the XR-6. Because of merchandising tie-ins, Smith is seldom credited for the design. Car was on the cover of the August 1963 Hot Rod.

To answer your question, yes. Here's the XR-6 motor as proof. Satisfied? I think the set up is available from Red Line / Weber.

XR-6 engine_small.jpg

Damn, $1400? Makesh me think i could ghettofab my own setup for way less

Then again its the cheapest thing out there

Why not just make you a Hyper Pack? Would be cheaper and probably out perform the multiple carb setup.

I would try Aussiespeed.com

As far as I know they now have a warehouse in the US.

try these guys maybe as well and ask about the slant six setup-it's efi for about US$1600

http://slant6parts.com/

All the best
B

Hemi 265 is a totaly different block-All Australian mate
I have just sold mine and its a phenomenal motor that can rev 7 grand, very very cool

Here is a video of that setup in a 60 valiant v200. Here you go!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zzODTFqLTU"]YouTube- Valiant 1960 R Slant 6[/ame]

Very nice! Aussie car?

I loved reving my Hemi 265!!

3 speed manual with first gear all the way to around 40mph. 270 hp standard 2 barrel carb.

-
Back