six pack carb setup with metering blocks

-

smb03

Reaction score
i wanted a more tuneable six pack setup, so i used non six pack of the equivalent size carbs and did all the machining to make them fit, the pain was the rear and center carb due to the 1/2" tighter tolerance. i will have to mill the metering block .125 on the jet side and .200 off the bowl. its tight but it but it fit with about paper thickness behind the center carb and the rear bowl, i had already milled and ported the maximum i could off for room on the rear carb's bowl.
but alteast now i have fully tuneable metering blocks and power valves...
sixpack.jpg

the pic is beore i milled the block and bowl

next is to make a polished stainless steel base and top air cleaner housing

Are those all 500 cfm 2300'S? Are you going to mill the choke horns off the outboards. I have the old Direct Connection, side-hung mechanical carbs on my stroker motor. I think the clearance issue you're having is one of the reasons they used the side-hung bowls.

I love mechanical secondary six packs. I never liked the feeling of the vacumm outboards. It's almost like they have a mind of their own for a split second when opening and closing. Using a wideband really helped tuning me with tuning. It's such a great tool.

Yes, these are the ones I've always run. They're great!

Attachments

• IMG_2549 (Large).jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_2550 (Large).jpg
    113 KB · Views: 544
-
Back