Six-pack type air cleaner

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
I was given factory air cleaner assembly by my friend who switched to Fords (I think he suffered a head injury of some sort). It looks just like a six pack setup with two wingnuts holding the lid on. It is painted orange on top (orginal paint) and black base that has a nipple on it. The funny thing is the base is for a four barrel. What vehicles did this come on?

Sounds like an air cleaner for a Ramcharger fresh air set-up. Like on a 440 Charger R/T, 71-ish. The lid is the same as the Six-Pack.

and it looks like this this 1 is going on the duster

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Picture 005.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 124
I bet it is a 69 383/440 air grabber, correct for GTX, Super Bee, Road Runner, Coronrt R/T, sounds like a great score!! Lets see the pics :toothy10:

I bet it is a 69 383/440 air grabber, correct for GTX, Super Bee, Road Runner, Coronrt R/T, sounds like a great score!! Lets see the pics :toothy10:

Well, YEAH. Remember, the cold air concept was not born with sixpacks. When I dropped the 340 into my sixpack car later on, I scored a 4bbl air grabber setup for it. There were lots of 383/440 RR and GTX's, etc, with cold air/ air grabbers

So, should I use it on my 440 Duster? It might look good if I paint the lid. Where can I get a new element for it?

-
Back