Six pack vacuum nipple neeed-Problem solved!

-

rklein383

Reaction score
The vacuum advance nipple broke off my metering block on my six pack a couple of years ago. Stuck a golf tee in the hole and have been driving it ever since.

Anyhow, I would like to replace the nipple. I bought a new straight nipple off of ebay and tried to bend it like the original one was and broke it. The nipple needs to be angled for clearance.

I either need a new angled vacuum nipple or a different metering block with the nipple already bent.

Anybody out there can help me?

I used a piece of brake line tubing I took off a car that was bent fairly tight don't remember the size cut it to the length I wanted put a small flare on one end to hold the hose or your nipple.and then took a pair of pliers with a rag held it gently tapped it with a baby hamer worked for me............

I used a piece of brake line tubing I took off a car that was bent fairly tight don't remember the size cut it to the length I wanted put a small flare on one end to hold the hose or your nipple.and then took a pair of pliers with a rag held it gently tapped it with a baby hamer worked for me............

I like the brake line idea...Once the vacuum hose is on, no one will know the difference.

I haven't contacted Holley yet, but I plan to.

Rod

FYI
Holley tech is great.
They do have parts available that is not listed as a servicable part number.
Call them up.

I like the brake line idea...Once the vacuum hose is on, no one will know the difference.

Yes, but how durable will it be and will it seal properly? It's good for a pinch, but I would recommend using the proper part for best performance.

I fabricated a nipple with a piece of brake line and epoxied it in. I even flared the end a bit with my flare tool. It looks great and will work just as good as a Holley piece for many years to come. Thanks for the good idea godfatherofchry.

I am in the process of rebuilding the six pack with ethanol compatible gaskets and seats.

Rod

-
Back