*Six Piston Opinions*

-

626notchback

Mopar Rookie
Reaction score
I am figuring out my build and have been reading many articles about other builders going with six piston front brake set up.

My project:
69 Barracuda Notchback
440 w/approx. 450HP
833OD-Dana 60 SG 3.55 gear
tubular front suspension
2" drop all around
after market wheels
every thing else stock is
Daily driver/some drag

Now I have had a previous car, with similar weight that ran with four piston front brakes and it it was great. I just want to know if there difference is worth it or if it is noticeable? I do drive my cars hard, so that is a consideration.

Thanks for the help guys:D

Well, the amount of pistons don't make too much of a difference so long as the surface area of the pads are the same. If both the pads have the same surface areas all it really does is better distribute the pad wear. Larger contact surface area = better braking.

i went from 3rd gen viper in the front of my duster to 6 piston wilwoods when we done the alter-k. i think so far they are comparable,but i have not had the car on a road track since the switch to the wilwoods. if you have the money and race the car,i would go ahead and do it. have you been on http://www.pro-touring.com? they are a little more open to this kind of stuff. no offense to anyone!

-
Back